Lets talk about grease - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lets talk about grease

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #61
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
As the shaft turns, they become more accessible on the crosses. Or you can go with a sealed joint or one with the zerk on the cap. You can always take the straps loose on the rear axle if you're in a bit of a bind.
Tried turning em, no joy. Imma try to find a joint that has the fitting on the cap, those always made more sense to me amyway.

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #62
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The 1310 versions are expensive compared to their cross mounted zerk counterparts.

1310-1 I think and they're $30 apiece.
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #63
95YamJam
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My cv is hard to get to as well. I got a 90 degree needle fitting for my grease gun. Now it is better. Thought about drilling a hole in the floor above it to get at it easier. Just got some Walmart marine grease. Pretty cheap but really sticky. I guess I'll try it for a bit...
Unread 05-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #64
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Summer bump

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.