Lets see your mirror set up when your going door-less - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lets see your mirror set up when your going door-less

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
BarryBum

Lets see your mirror set up when your going door-less

Lets see your mirror set up when your running with your doors off.

BarryBum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I put doors on when I go doorless

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Take that back, I do have a picture with no doors and safari mirrors

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's what I came up with;

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...95-yj-1397157/

If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, I should be able to bench press a Grand Cherokee by now!
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have been thinking about using a spare set of windshield dash brackets to make mirror mounts. I have the old style CJ hand screws for my windshield and easily have enough thread to bolt a second set of brackets over the existing ones. If trimmed down so the top half is fitted around the top bolts, and some square stock welded to the top of the bracket over the bolt head's, and a set of CJ style mirrors bolted to the square tube maybe 8" out from the bracket. Then all I need to do is to remove the hand knob, place the mirror and bracket over the original bracket, and reattach them with the hand knob. Being trimmed around the top bolts will make it so that they can be mounted without removal of the torx bolts at the windshield, while keeping them from moving.

I will try to add some photos when I make them, but hopefully that gives somebody another idea.
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
Idaho_Chad

Mirrors... What mirrors? When my doors come off, my mirrors come off.
Idaho_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_Chad View Post
Mine too.....I have the rear view on the windshield, don't need anything else.....was the same way in the YJ.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #8
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_Chad View Post
Unfortunately, the OP lives in a state where they require at least one side mirror at all times.

Laybackman really did a nice job with his. I have safari mirrors for when I drop the windshield because I have to have at least one rear facing mirror. BTW, safari mirrors suck. They bounce all over the place and are basically there for looks.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's what I've been using for years. They're cheap, easy, and fold completely into the cab, when you're offroading.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html

The only thing I would add is star washers, to keep them from folding in on the freeway.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

CJ style mirrors

Unread 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

I used a set of cj hinges and mirrors from my other Jeep to put them on my YJ.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The one on me jeep replaces the one I'm holding. It was just a flimsy tube that I bent. It came with the mirror and I got the set at pep boys. I'm not the best welder but it will hold just fine for my needs. Just cut some 1" flat stock from Lowes in half and bent/drilled as needed.
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

We welded some all thread to the bottom of a extra set of mirrors and bolt them to my upper door hing!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
Jim93YJ

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I used the more modern Mopar sideview mirrors and adapted it to a Skid Row relocation bracket with a custom machined piece. I attached the detail drawing for the custom machined piece. I drilled a hole through the mirror arm and put a bolt right down the center. I kept the original spring in the mirror base so I could still tighten the bolt and get some preload from the spring to allow it to rotate but not move from wind resistance. The counterbore in the custom machined piece keeps the spring located.
rear-view-mirror.jpg   adapter.jpg  
93YJ 4.8L Vortec,AX15,Atlas 4.3:1, 4.56 Gears, Dana 30 w/ Posi-lok,Dana 44 Rear w/ Ox Locker + 99 Explorer Disk Brakes,Tom Woods D. Shafts,1" Body, 2.5" ED RE Lift, 33" BFG KM2 T/A's with MT Classic II Wheels, Herculined Inside, Electric Fan, 20 Gal Tank Conversion,Tuffy Center Console,Warn Front Bumper, Rockhard 4X4 Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier,Bushwacker Extended Flat Fender Flares,AMSoil/Redline In Everything and the List Goes On....

AND...

88YJ 4.2L: Interior and mechanical overhaul including engine replacement, nutter bypass, Weber 34 Carb, and work on a whole bunch of other things to get it back to fine running condition without the emissions control...evap cannister kept functional as well as PCV system, and manifold heater.
Jim93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.