Lets see some pics of cb's and the antenna - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lets see some pics of cb's and the antenna

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lets see some pics of cb's and the antenna

I am basically looking at a cb radio to put in my jeep and maybe i can get some ideas from you guys to make it a little easier. I am looking for pics of the actual radio itself and where you mounted the antenna. Thanks.

YJ_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, no pics right now. But I mounted my CB where the ashtray used to be, fit perfectly, and was able to use the ashtray wiring for it.
My antenna is a 5' K40 and is attached to the tire stopper on the rear quarter of my jeep and the wire is run through the tail light area.
The CB itself is a President model "Teddy R" that I have had since..... 1980(???) and still works fine, though I may upgrade sooner or later to a smaller unit.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This would probably be better in the picture request section, and it's been discussed a lot, but here is where I put mine.

I got the whole kit from radioshack for 100$, I just put the antenna on the tire stop, had to drill 2 holes but it works great. For the cb I drilled 1 hole, ran the bolt down (head on the inside of the dash) and tightened it up, works great. For the mic mount I just drilled into the front of the dash, right next to the last guage

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here is my "Radio Center" in the YJ. I have my XM radio on the top, and I made a special bracket that goes on the hump just below the A/C vents for my Cobra 148GTL SS/CB and Motorola railroad communications radio.

Now, I didn't have much to work with the setup I wanted for the antenna, so, I just hole-sawed a hole in the side, and mounted a side mount, stainless spring, and 104" fiberglass whip. I know, old school, but, that whip is a family item, It was on my dad's first four-wheeler, a '67 Jeepster, so it went on my first four-wheeller, my YJ, Hope these give you some ideas!

Jerry
Unread 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I put the CB in the Tuffy knock-off console, drilled a little hole added a grommet and ran the mic through, use an external speaker, and made a mount for the antenna outta piece of angle iron.

timatoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here's what I did:
http://www.noeither.com/YJ/tech/CB.php

It's a loooooooooong antenna:

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #7
Davisio

Was originally going to mount overhead. Decided that was too 'visible' to the outside world.

This works better anyways:

And, because I didn't want to drill [yet], I used the tire stop on the back for the antenna:

Davisio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am currently in the process of getting my junk installed as well.
I went with a firestik and aluminum bracket and tied a lanyard between the antenna and tire carrier to prevent slapping.

My CB will be installed where the ashtray and lighter used to reside under the dash.

IJ

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

wow all of these pics look great. im probably going to put the antenna on the tire stop as well and for the actual cb radio, i dont know yet. Has anyone put it on the roll bar between the two front seats?
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
JRD917
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i actually used the mirror bractkets on the pass side i took the and put them on top of each other and put the ant mount throught them both and the mounted it back to the windo fram using the original bolt it works nice I will post pics when i get home tonight .......
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

i made a custom center console (do a search and you'll find the pictures of my cb install. I put mine in the center console that was made form a military can

My buddy just made a mount for his TJ that goes across the the top of the roll bars. was cheap too. Just a piece of heavy duty shelving channel and some hose clamps to the roll bar extensions. simple enough to do.
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #12
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My setup is pretty simple, cost effective, and overall i think it turned out nice.

1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hey turner, your jeep is the same color as mine and ive been trying to figure out what the name of it is. Do you know? pics are great.
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post

I use this mount and love it.
atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

where can i find the mount for the tire stop??? or do i have to make one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.