LED side marker light write-up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LED side marker light write-up

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 10-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #16
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear
 
Mean Max's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 13,682
I wired the side marker lights up today, they are really bright!

They are wired only to the park light circuit, so they do not flash with the turn signals.




Here's the run-down on the wire colors on my '91 YJ's tail lights.

In the factory tub wiring harness

Left side
gray/black = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Right side
gray/red = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Max

__________________
Click here to see all of my different albums on Photobucket.
Choose any album to see all of my pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
srsterno
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Hmmm - could you dim them if you wanted - to put them more in line with the rear lights in terms of brightness?
srsterno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
ImpactFabWorks
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: victorville,ca
Posts: 1,864
mine are the same way. the sides ones are just on and off so no adjustment. It doesn't bother me at all.
__________________
1990 YJ = The Toy/ My Daily Driver
1996 XJ= Wifes Daily Driver


www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook


Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #19
srsterno
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Fair enough - I like the way they look centered on the 4" ones. I have some cutting to do when I make it back home for Xmas. I got the integrated STT/Reverse LEDs - I'll post a few pics when its all said and done.
__________________
~ 98 TJ 2.5 cly, 4.11's, Iron Rock 4.5" lift, BFG KM 33x10.50's
srsterno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #20
srsterno
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Got these installed and wired up - I like how they turned out. My side markers are pretty bright like some of the other peoples on here, but it's fine:

Passanger side:
Picasa Web Albums - srsterno

Drivers side:
Picasa Web Albums - srsterno
__________________
~ 98 TJ 2.5 cly, 4.11's, Iron Rock 4.5" lift, BFG KM 33x10.50's
srsterno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear
 
Mean Max's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 13,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsterno View Post
Got these installed and wired up - I like how they turned out. My side markers are pretty bright like some of the other peoples on here, but it's fine:

Passenger side:

Driver's side:
Max
__________________
Click here to see all of my different albums on Photobucket.
Choose any album to see all of my pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
Dustin_95YJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Durand,MI
Posts: 57
are those reverse lights around the taillights? those are pretty sweet!
Dustin_95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #23
srsterno
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Sure are...got them from here:

Hose Clamps, LED Truck Lights, Heavy Duty Truck Parts, Wire Loom, Trailer Parts, Fuel Warmers, part no MX-M85429R (50.79 ea). If you go this route, be sure to get 2 of the 3 pin harnesses per light. I only got one for each light and ended up having to make my own harnesses for the other two. It's not that difficult, just time consuming and a little less clean of an installation.

I really like them though, and they are a cheaper solution than the other intregrated SST/R product out there (although you have to drill another hole for the side marker lights).
__________________
~ 98 TJ 2.5 cly, 4.11's, Iron Rock 4.5" lift, BFG KM 33x10.50's
srsterno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #24
Timmy69
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Forest City
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsterno View Post
Sure are...got them from here:

Hose Clamps, LED Truck Lights, Heavy Duty Truck Parts, Wire Loom, Trailer Parts, Fuel Warmers, part no MX-M85429R (50.79 ea). If you go this route, be sure to get 2 of the 3 pin harnesses per light. I only got one for each light and ended up having to make my own harnesses for the other two. It's not that difficult, just time consuming and a little less clean of an installation.

I really like them though, and they are a cheaper solution than the other intregrated SST/R product out there (although you have to drill another hole for the side marker lights).
I like these i might have to get some myself
Timmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:51 AM   #25
airdevil85
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Blossburg, Pennsylvania
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
I wired the side marker lights up today, they are really bright!

They are wired only to the park light circuit, so they do not flash with the turn signals.




Here's the run-down on the wire colors on my '91 YJ's tail lights.

In the factory tub wiring harness

Left side
gray/black = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Right side
gray/red = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Max
whats the purpose of the ratchet strap? behind the seats?
airdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:01 AM   #26
ImpactFabWorks
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: victorville,ca
Posts: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdevil85 View Post
whats the purpose of the ratchet strap? behind the seats?
Max designed a self destruct mode. Release the strap and it all falls apart In case of emergency
__________________
1990 YJ = The Toy/ My Daily Driver
1996 XJ= Wifes Daily Driver


www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook


Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #27
timmysyj
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_nichols View Post
Max designed a self destruct mode. Release the strap and it all falls apart In case of emergency
I have a similar setup on my Jeep. Except mine is hooked up to the ignition, turn the key and it self destructs!
__________________
SO FAR
35" Toyo MT's, 6" lift, and some other shi..
police scanner & CB in my homemade overhead console
timmysyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #28
Urb4nTr0ll
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdevil85 View Post
whats the purpose of the ratchet strap? behind the seats?
It corrects a minor desigh flaw on Jeeps. I'm going to weld tubing on that same spot in my Jeep for seat support.
__________________
*I want a half hardtop for my Jeep.

*I'm starting to love my '90 Jeep.

*My Jeep does not get me laid, but who cares.
Urb4nTr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
Timmy69
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Forest City
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
I wired the side marker lights up today, they are really bright!

They are wired only to the park light circuit, so they do not flash with the turn signals.




Here's the run-down on the wire colors on my '91 YJ's tail lights.

In the factory tub wiring harness

Left side
gray/black = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Right side
gray/red = brake & turn
blue/red = park lights
dark green/brown = reverse lights

Max
i like those side boxes you have in the back do you have more pictures of them. did you make them or buy them?
Timmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #30
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear
 
Mean Max's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 13,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy69 View Post
i like those side boxes you have in the back do you have more pictures of them. did you make them or buy them?
I like them too. They are (were, really) sold through Bestop brand products and the name "Rough Rider" is imprinted on the lid. I purchased them a long time ago from the closeout section of Quadratec. They are no longer available from Bestop, so finding them is next to impossible.

If you hurry to Collins Brothers Jeep, they did have some listed in their "Closeout" section, under the "Bestop" icon.

You can see the gray ones in my wife's '93 YJ here.


And more of my '91 YJ




Obligatory JF sticker picture.....


BTW, the ratchet strap is the product of the domino effect.
1) Driving months at a time with no top sun-dries seat which = crack in seat
2) Crack in seat develops into rip
3) Rip in seat allows rain (no top, remember?) to soak into seat foam like a sponge
4) Water-soaked seat foam rusts out seat frame
5) Fat guy (me) sits in seat with rusty frame & it "reclines" beyond the original design concept
6) Ratchet strap holds seat back in place

Max
__________________
Click here to see all of my different albums on Photobucket.
Choose any album to see all of my pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.