Leaking..where from? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Leaking..where from?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 10-21-2001, 12:49 PM   #1
JeepinGirlinFl

Leaking..where from?

Ok, I have researched the forum and I have a feeling that the windshield retainer is clogged and is causing water to leak inside the jeep. But, I am not sure. I looked around under the jeep to find some type of tube to check to see if it is clogged and I didnt see anything. Can anyone direct me or even include a picture? I keep getting wet <grin> in my jeep - but it is a lil too much.
Thanks for the help!!

JeepinGirlinFl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

Found out my tube was gone and found the little hole it comes out at,it was clogged,still leaks in other areas, still searching..for the other leaks.Let you know what I find..One is around the heater box under the dash.Have some one spray water while you look and see were it comes from..
Unread 10-21-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
JeepinGirlinFl

Where should the water leak out to? I am not even sure if I have the hose or not.
JeepinGirlinFl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
glm 87 wrangler

Well the easy way is to take a cup of water and pour it in the center vent and have someone under the jeep while you do it.FUN for who ever is under there.Look by the fire wall a little to the passanger side it should be around that area the tube could have also been tucked under somthing when worked on before between the fire wall and inside compartment,better jet i will craw under mine so I can better tell you were to look it been a week or so when i checked mine from a posting before when i found I did not have one..Just found the hole...
Unread 10-21-2001, 03:43 PM   #5
glm 87 wrangler

OK JUST got a little wet it will leak right on to the stater there is like a metal
tube wide oval shape,Hope this helps,let me go dry off.. Again it will be right by and above the stater on the pasenger side.take a screw driver and clean it out dont hit the stater wires might get ran over LOL just kidding.hopr this helps
Unread 10-21-2001, 05:48 PM   #6
glm 87 wrangler

I did forget to say if you have AC on your
jeep under your battery tray you will see a hose by the heater fan motor on the fire wall,
that goes to the AC.Did not want to confuse you more than I already have

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.