Leaf Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Leaf Springs

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #1
bighair

Leaf Springs

Hey guy's

Me again.. hehe I'm wondering what newer make of truck's leaf sping would fit well on a YJ.. I have a 93 and the springs are really starting to sag BAD!!!! ;o( so before I ahve the money to to an SOA, I want to replace my leafs with some newer ones and they're too expense to buy fromt he dealer and the junk yards don't have any good ones.. Any info would help guy's

Thanks again!!
Reg

Unread 10-05-2001, 10:40 AM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a set of stock springs that aren't sagging too badly. I pulled 'em off when I did my lift. If you're interested, let me know and we can work something out. They are off my '94 - here are a couple pics of my YJ when it still had these springs on it (taken at Holcomb Valley up in Big Bear, CA, ~1 month before I did my spring lift):

Let me know if you're interested - my dad would LOVE for me to get rid of these old springs... I also have two track bars and the front sway bars if you want those, too.
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #3
GREGDOG95YJ

CHECK THE LOCAL OFFROAD SHOP. ALOT OF THEM KEEP THE STOCK JEEP SPRINGS THEY TAKE OFF WHEN THEY INSTALL LIFTS. YOU COULD ALSO PUT IN ADD A LEAF FROM RANCHO OR BDS.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2001, 10:23 PM   #4
4-low

Allright, you wanna do it for next to nothing??? this is what I did on my YJ and it started out as 2 1/2" of vert, and settled to a even 1 1/2"....here's my secret.

I went to the scrap yard and bought some leafs out of a 1/2 ford, old, early 80's...and i seperated the pack, and selected some prime candidates <the approx right length> and just loosened my axles, removed the centering pin, and spread my leafs with a pry bar and hammered in the leaf from the ford....afterwards, I got it all lined up again, and re-assembled....i get a better ride in the front, but it feels stiffer in the rear, I ramped better than a stock YJ.....it's just time consuming, I suggest a couple friends to help.....discluding my time, I got a 1 1/2" left for 28 bucks......I'm happy with it....
4-low is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.