Largest tires with 3" Body Lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Largest tires with 3" Body Lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-27-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
Jumpjet

Largest tires with 3" Body Lift?

I am curious what is the largest tire that I can install with a 3" body lift 32X10.5? Also what problems are there with a three inch body lift? What is the best body lift kit to purchase? I would also like to see any pictures of a wrangler with a 3" body lift.

Thanks

Unread 02-27-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
Mdwase

Biggest tires you can fit are 33x12.50,15's but they rub on the front leaf springs when turning. For the body lift pictures, contact me at wasemiller@msn.com and I will send you some.
Mdwase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
SBall

At one time, I had a 3" body lift and 32's. I rubbed whenever I hit a bump. And with people in the back seat, it was way worse. Since then Ive upgraded that suspension and cut my body lift in half. I like the 1.5" lift much better. I feel like my jeep is much more secure and firmly attached to the frame. Plus I do not have shifting problems like I did with the 3" body. You could go with a 1-2" body lift, and get some shackles. This would put you near the 3" lift mark. While these are not the ideal lift, I like them better than the added body lift. I have shackles that are 2" longer than stock(which provides 1" of lift) and they are much more sturdy than the stock shackles. Of course a negative to shackles is the steering becomes a little more squirrely, but not too bad.
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:27 PM   #4
Billy Badass

I have an 88' yj with a three inch body lift and 32x11.50 on it. I used the stock rims, the do rub on the leaf springs at full turn, because I used stock rims. I adjusted my stearing stops so it dosen't hap[pen any more I only lost about a foot of turning radius. I have no problems rubbing on the fenders at all, the benifits of using a stock rim. I can still stuff them into the fender well with no trouble at all, even with a full load. You could run 33, 12.50 but you would need new rims, but unless you regeared it you will have no 5th gear. The 33"s will take out the fender flares so quick you won't know what happened. It's like trying to put 31's on a stock yj, they will fit but you won't be able to use them. Sorry I don't have any pic's, but you really don't want to go 33's I would stay with 32 if you want to be able to use it. Unless you bust new shackles on it, say 1 1/2"s that would allow you to clear 33 with a 3in body lift

Later

88' YJ 3" body, 32x11.50 ProComp Mud Terrain. JKBII Carb Mod. Nutter Bypass and a new ignition. White Faced Gauges with blue backlighting. Sone to come 4.10 gears and lockers.
Billy Badass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.