Knock Sensor Location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Knock Sensor Location

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Scott 93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Knock Sensor Location

I have a 93 YJ with the I6. I recently swaped the motor for a 2000 Cherokee Motor and need help with what to do with my knock sensor. The temp gauge does not work properly but when I move the exposed knock sensor the gage moves but does not read correct. I replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor and it reads correct via Snap-On 2550 Scanner. Any Advice? I cant find a place for the knock sensor on the 2000 motor. How can the Original Temp gauge be fixed.

Last edited by Scott 93YJ; 04-24-2007 at 03:55 PM..
Scott 93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The knock sensor basically acts like a stethascope for the computer to try and adjust the timing etc. I don't believe it should have any effect on the temp guage. But, I've got the 4.2 so I could be wrong considering you're using the 4.0.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
jfwireless
1976 CJ7 

Are you trying to use your original temp gauge from the 1993 YJ I6 with the temp sensor on the 2000 Cherokee motor?? I doubt that would work.

The Knock sensor should have nothing to do with the temp sensor or gauge?

Jim
jfwireless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.