kill the diff? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2002, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

kill the diff?

ok i have the little wrangler stock tire on the back as a spare but since i have 31's and its a 27 or 29 i think wouldn't it screw up the diff if i used it? I don't plan on useing it but my dad wants me to fix it up and make it hold air just in case. (Later in the summer im gonna get 5 new tires when i can afford it)

Black 2012 JKUR 2.5" Rock Krawler Max Travel suspension with Bilstein 5100's, 35X12.5R15 MTRK's on MB Ultras, Sleeved and gusseted front axle with Synergy balljoints, JCR bumpers F/R

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-03-2002, 11:21 PM
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Especially if your offroading you should always have a fullsize spare.

'01 XJ BONE STOCK (Not for Looong)

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
post #3 of 3 Old 04-03-2002, 11:28 PM
RodeoRob

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KYgreenYJ:
<strong>i think wouldn't it screw up the diff if i used it</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope, if you have open diffs. If you're locked, definitely no. LSD, it would probably just put excessive wear on it.

But it would still be a good idea to look into a fullsize spare.

-Rob

Robert Gorrell
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.