K&N airfilter side effects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > K&N airfilter side effects

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-11-2001, 06:00 PM   #1
Brendan

K&N airfilter side effects

I want to buy the K&N airfilter setup for my 88 Yj (carbuerated). I noticed a lot of vacuum hoses coming off of it, so what can I expect to do with all those once I put on the new housing? I disconnected them today, and I seemed to have some adverse effects.
Any comments are appreciated as always.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 06:20 PM   #2
JeeperJay

K&N should make a filter that fits in your factory airbox. There's no reason to disconnect any hoses. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
RFWrangler

Side effects? More Horse power and beter gas mileage. As for those lines, Shold be one off your CCV and one to something in the rear of the engine. I made my tube out of PVC pipe, all I did was drill holes in it and shove the tubes in the holes and sealed it up. Works great for me. I should have pics up soon so you can see it.
Clarion BD216, RF 200aIV, Clarion APA2030, RF HE2 12's, Rf 4x6's, RF 1" Tweets, Eclipse EUU-1300, Aura Bass Shakers Security: Clifford Power: Optima Yellow top,Thrush turbo 2 1/2" Exhaust, Radio Shack Sport CB, 102" whip antenna, Dual tips on Exhaust, K&N custom intake, KC Lightbar, 4 KC Daylighters.
Scored a 139 on the Jeep Rater.
RFWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2001, 08:12 AM   #4
Brendan

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I'd love to see those pics, I think I am going to get the housing and the filter, not just the filter. thanks again

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2001, 06:39 PM   #5
JeepTodd

How much for the kit and where are you looking at getting the entire K&N filter kit. I've been looking also but have only seen the filter and not the entire kit. Everything I have found so far is all positive for the filter.

Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.