just so i will know - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > just so i will know

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
off-road arkie

just so i will know

had to drop out the ole tranny last week, while taking down the muffler i could not get the catalytic converter to come loose . i took a 2lbs. hammer and beat on that d#@m think till i was blue in the face, so got out old torch and cut that baby off. my duestion is do i need to put it back on . oxygen senser is before the converter and i dont think it will mess anything up , but thought i would see how everyone elses did. JEEP-ON

Unread 03-27-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
V8wrangler_idaho

unfortunatly it will mess with the sesner. the reason that its infrount of the cat is to see how much pressure there is there befor the cat. If that pressure changes and dropps it dumps allot of gas in the motor to try to compensate. you get really carppy gas mileage. and if you ever have to do an emitions test and they see that the cat is gone you can get a pretty nice fine. It sucks. But one thing that you can do is buy a high flow cat. That are about 250 bucks. pretty spendy. So i would just do the hole exast system over. Get some flow master mufflers. I accually have 2 of them if you wanna buy one.

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
4-low

the guy I bought my jeep from said he GAINED 40-60 kms per tank, after that cat was cut out....
4-low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
sk8pr0

I punched mine out and I gained HP also the gas mileage increase or decrease was neglegable because I really don't notice any difference.
sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.