Just installed mc2150 carb. Need a little advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just installed mc2150 carb. Need a little advice

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
gmclb7
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just installed mc2150 carb. Need a little advice

I just got done installing a motor craft 2150 carb. that I bought from the ebay guy. I have replaced and hooked up the vacuum lines how I interpreted the instructions but I may have a few things backwards. Jeep runs much better and will actually get to normal highway speeds without a problem. Also starts and idles much better. Still have a little bit of a bog down while accelerating but I am hoping that will disappear with the nutter bypass. Still need to get the 4x4 working also. Does everything look in order?

Here is a pic of the engine bay after install (much more simple)

The line circled in blue is going to my distributer. The red is going to the charcoal canister.
Oil breather line

The T line is going from the pcv valve and charcoal canister T'd to vacuum

The red lines are connected to the right of fuel line on carb. Are either of these needed without using egr? Also The brake booster port is capped in red

My last question is. What should I do with all of this. What about the lines running to the egr pipes? Where should I get the vacuum for my 4x4 actuator

Last edited by gmclb7; 02-29-2012 at 09:09 PM..
gmclb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

In picture two, the red line is linked, it needs a larger radius bend or to be a bit longer. When the hose folds like that, no vapors are able to pass through.

For your 4x4 switch, you can use a t from any close vacuum line.

All the unhooked junk on the firewall can be removed

The other stuff, I cannot help with because I rigged my jeep up following a cj7 diagram for a 258 so I lost a lot of the stuff you removed but I would have to look at the diagram and then your rigging to see if they match
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That is so clean looking. It's amazing how much crap that pulsed air system adds under the hood.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The port in pink should supply filtered air to the crank case(front port on the valve cover) the PCV valve should go the large port at the base of the carb or any other large manifold vacuum port just like the brake booster.
There is more power lurking in there, I have several posts on the forum about carb/distributor and vacuum port tuning.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.