Just got my first jeep 1993 yj sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just got my first jeep 1993 yj sahara

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Flint007
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just got my first jeep 1993 yj sahara

I just got my jeep about 2 weeks ago and I am slowly fixing it. I noticed a couple of days ago that's my front wheel On the drivers side was making noise and I did some research to try to find what was wrong with it but non of the possible problems were it. So I had my dad ( 1983 cj7 owner) turn the steering while it was jacked up and I turned the wheel. What I discovered was that the tire is rubbing on the leaf spring. What can I do to fix this problem do I need to do something to the tie rod?

Flint007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you look on the knuckles, right near the lower ball joint, you'll see a bolt sticking out with a nut at the base of the bolt. These are your steering stops. The nut is welded onto the bolt, so just remove it as one piece. Install a washer (or washers, as needed) under the nut until there is clearance between the tire & leaf spring while turning.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
Flint007
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks I'll give that a try
Flint007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.