just dont know - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > just dont know

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
jeepnwv

just dont know

my brother has a 93 yj with a 4 cylinder straight drive.we went muddin one day and he was pretty tough on the motor,on the way home it started missing real bad.when you start it up it idles fine.as you start down the road it does decent for about a hundred feet or so then it starts missing terribly and a little backfiring,almost like it was out of time.the timing is right,and we already replaced the plugs,wires,cap,button,coil,converter,and throttle positioning sensor.we found that the wires on the crank sensor were a little burnt,we tried a sensor off a 4.0 with no luck.is their a difference in ohm readings between a 4 and 6 cylinder.could this be the problem or something else.he is getting fed up and im running out of ideas.someone please help!

jeepnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can not read ohms on a hall effect sensor. Now you can see the pulses if you read between the +voltage and sensor out.Unless you have a scope you will not be able to see the pulses them self but you will see a small a DC voltage it should be about 2-4 volts when cranking or running. Now if you do not have this voltage. then I would suspect a bad kps.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did the exhaust get submerged? Might have gunk in the cat and or muffler.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like mine and I have been hunting this problem for almost a year now. Check out this thread of despair!! Good Luck, I hope you have better luck then I have so far.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...red-yj-964993/
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.