Just did the nutter bypass.OH MAN!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just did the nutter bypass.OH MAN!!

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-17-2001, 10:09 AM   #1
glm 87 wrangler

Just did the nutter bypass.OH MAN!!

Hey guys.Just did the Nutter bypass.I was trying to help someone the other day and happen to say i did not do the nutter bypass because I did not really need it, my jeep runs fine.Well LOL!I was pondering and thought what the hell I will try it!Well guess what BAM!! The POWER!! I never knew it would make that much more power.What I did was bypass the cpu or ecm is what the nutter guy calls it.Had just a little spark knock at
4,000 rpms the tfi up grade made most of it go away but stll had a little.The bypass worked for me.Did not think I needed it but I guess I did??But the only problem is my starter drag came back i thought it was my stater solenoid I just replaced but i guess it was not.Must be timming related.I will play a little more with the timming but right now she is on.Went to test my jeep out and pulled out of my road hit the hiway and in less than 1/8 of a mile I was hitting 80 mph.
It has never ever hit 80 mph the whole 1 year that I have had it and will probably not go there again."Little hairing with 31/10s on".
Just thought I would tell you 4.2 guys out there if you have this motor and put mods on your jeep like carbs and head swap try this out it really does work!Hey! I am ready to pull beside a 4.0 any day now.AND there is quite a few around fayettevile NC.I will tell you what happens...

Unread 12-17-2001, 10:13 AM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

http://www.outdoorwire.com this is were you can find info on it if you would like to try it.If you do not like cutting into a perfectly good wire dont try this but if you want power go for it just dont blame me if you !UCK it up! hope this helps.GOOD LUCK
Unread 12-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

http://www.outdoorwire.com/content/4...adingFrameset} Ok sorry try this out the other way is hard to find.
Unread 12-17-2001, 03:04 PM   #4
Brendan

I read that article a while ago, and sounds appealing. I can reach 4000 RPM only when I hold the petal to the floor. The needle will shoot right up too 3500 but it goes slow after that. This of course is only when I am in nuetral. I have never reached 4000 when driving. Do you think this would help me?

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 07:13 PM   #5
jerk with a jeep

I have a 4.2 and I've been picking everyone's brain for more power. It sounds like you have done what I plan on doing. Weber,juice box upgrade, I guess I will do the Nutter bypass.
I plan on porting and polishing the head... at least match the ports. also install a torquier cam and headers and a high flow exhaust. I'm wondering if anyone else has done these mods and if so how did they work?

89 YJ 33's 4" lift 2" BL soon MORE POWER!
jerk with a jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2001, 07:21 AM   #6
glm 87 wrangler

Duvie it want hurt I did these upgrades thinking the same as yall more power! Well I have more power and it sure run alot better even before the nutter bypass but i thought there would be more.So it started with the article I found awhile back and then some one on this forum brought it back up and then I was helping someone with an email and said I did not think I needed the nutter bypass.So went back and to the article read agian and some of the info started clicking back in my mind I still had some of these problems but minor, will it work? Hell I will try it.Well it pay me back 2 fold.The bypass plus the TFI BAM! I had never hit 80mph in this jeep tell yesterday and my father had never hit 70mph LOL so I was dum founded by this ECM bypass.So JERK with a JEEP dont put any more money tell you try this but I still recommend the TFI I think this will help greatly also Duvie you too.But still try this! It's not hard but be carefull and read the directions! I read mine 3or 4 times to make sure i had it I some times read half the directions and jump into the project.But all in all I think getting rid of the carter carb was the best thing.The 2nd best was the TFI and last but not least the nutter bypass! Now I think I have ended my further engine mods.I hope you guys try this and let me know what happens.But dont blame me if you mess somthing up.LOL. READ THE DIRECTIONS!!LOL
80 MPH WOW!want do that again.
Unread 12-22-2001, 11:24 AM   #7
glm 87 wrangler

Back to top someone ask me about the nutter bypass so click on the info below its should explain it for you.you do have to have a 258
6cyl.http://www.outdoorwire.com/content/4x4/jeep/tech/electrical/jn-ignition99/index.htm?{LoadingFrameset}If
Unread 12-25-2001, 11:06 AM   #8
West

GLM where did you hook the vacuum line to on your weber?
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2001, 06:37 AM   #9
glm 87 wrangler

I only have one besides the PCV valve hoses and its the one to the distributor.Runs to the bottom passanger side of the carb to the vacuum advance on the distributor.Got rid of the others that were tieing into it.
Unread 12-26-2001, 03:41 PM   #10
odie

Youve got it right the NUTTER BYPASS is incredible!! only one upgrade left the juice box.
odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2001, 04:38 PM   #11
glm 87 wrangler

well im glad you got it right odie.sometimes when i pass on these suggestions i worry.Im scared some ones going to leave me an email saying what the hell did you make me do to my jeep. LOL...Yea I to was suprised how much of a improvement this simple job did.How is it even without the juice box? what type of rpms
are you running and how is your cold starts???And last was your timming way off,mine was not.But it did change it.reset back though.
Unread 12-31-2001, 09:10 AM   #12
glm 87 wrangler

btt. Some one was asking about this mod again send it back to top

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.