just completed the Team Rush TFI upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > just completed the Team Rush TFI upgrade

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
richtfan

just completed the Team Rush TFI upgrade

Things are running very smoothly. Most of the cold start issues are gone. Still running the stock carter bbd though, which probably has something to do with it. Stupid stepper motor.

Biggest improvement is the smoothness from 0-3000 rpm. Don't ever get above 2500 much even in low gear. occasionally have to hit 3000 on 1st or 2nd gear, and things are so much better. no misses.

I am waiting to fill up the tank today so i can check the fuel efficiency over the coming week. I trust things will improve.

Here's what I put on mine--

Moroso spiral wound wires
cap, rotor and cap adapter were from auto zone. advance auto had none of them surprisingly. don't trust that your parts store will have these things in stock. remember, this ford truck is over 30 years old, and the parts fit it.

used champion copper core plugs, nothing special really. gapped to 0.045.

here's where i messed up though. i could have used the stock coil connector on the jeep, but i had to cut it off. i bought the wrong coil. i bought the msd 8203 instead of the blaster 2F 8205 model. if had paid attention better, i could have slipped the 8205 right in with the stock connector. but i wired it direct without problem.

for about $100 and an hour or so i have a nice new efficient ignition.

richtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Its a good solid set up. I did mine two years ago and my jeep still starts fine in 20 and 30 degree weather. My choke doesn't work either since we only get a few weeks of cold weather and I still have no starting problems
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i did mine about 3 years ago and it ran great, then parked it for the last two years and have rarely driven it, but it still starts up and runs pretty good, but the carb definitely needs to be replaced.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.