Just completed heater upgrade on my YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just completed heater upgrade on my YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
riverman

Just completed heater upgrade on my YJ

Hey all. I just completed the blazer heater blower upgrade on my 1990 YJ and for the money, its the best upgrade out there. The correct part number is siemens PM102. Dont get the 105. Its too long. The 102 bolted right up and required no shimming. The only thing that was even remotely time consuming was making the hole in the firewall approx. three and a quarter inches. No big deal though. I used a scroll saw and a dremmel tool with a high speed cutting bit. It looks like a factory job and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! This blower motor puts out as much hot air on low as the original one did on high! I advise anyone to do this upgrade. If you need any help, let me know. Oh yeah the motor was about 20 bucks at Autozone and guaranteed for life. Another thing, if you plan on doing this swap, take the little foam seal from around your original motor and stretch it around the new one. Its tight but it will fit. This will help it seal to the firewall. then once its installed, its a good idea to run some Black silicone around it.

riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
JOKER4INK
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you have pictures or anything that would help us out with that mod, we would all appreciate it! Thanks!
Unread 06-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Alheim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

whoa, neat - didn't know that was possible.. when/if my heat ever goes, i'll definitely be hooking that up..
Alheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

heat? what's that? i thought that only worked when the sun was out.....
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #5
riverman

I dont have any pics but you can do a search on the net. Just type in "Jeep heater upgrade". One guy has some pics posted on the subject. One tells you to buy the PM 105 but you actually need the 102. Or at least thats what I discovered after researching. Its really easy to do and you dont have to be a master mechanic to do this. Trust me, its well worth it and simple.
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2005, 10:04 AM   #6
acejeep

Has anybody changed those idiotic Jeep vacuum heater controls to manual controls ?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.