just bought new lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > just bought new lift

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
yjwrangler08
1995 YJ Wrangler 

just bought new lift

i am buying 33" 12.50 dunlop mudrovers. and need to know if 4" of back spacing would be enough to stop rubbing at full lock..i was also curious about how much slower it will go w/I4, 4:10 gears and 5 speed..and if puting a performance intake or exhaust would make a noticible change... Thanks Mike

yjwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I believe the lower the backspacing, the farther out the tire will be. Go with a little lower than stock and it shouldn't rub. Exhaust and intake mods will add noticable horsepower.
sprngrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjwrangler08
i am buying 33" 12.50 dunlop mudrovers. and need to know if 4" of back spacing would be enough to stop rubbing at full lock..i was also curious about how much slower it will go w/I4, 4:10 gears and 5 speed..and if puting a performance intake or exhaust would make a noticible change... Thanks Mike
4" BS will let you keep your stock turning radius

My 4 cyl isn't bad with the 33's and stock gears, but I do wish I had 4:88's. I can run 70-75 down the freeway with ease, good enough for me

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.