Just bought my First Jeep, 92 Wrangler - Remove a frame for plow? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just bought my First Jeep, 92 Wrangler - Remove a frame for plow?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
LeftBench
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just bought my First Jeep, 92 Wrangler - Remove a frame for plow?

Very excited!

Its nothing special and will definitely need some work, but it runs and looks pretty awesome.

It came with a Meyer plow attached, and I'd like to remove the plow ASAP since winter is over. I noticed that the A-frame greatly effects the clearance on the jeep so I am going to take the A-frame off.

I am a complete noob with this, how hard is it to remove an A-frame? Can anyone direct me to a step by step guide online? I checked Meyer's web site and youtube and found nothing.

Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a know nothing, lol.

LeftBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

just unbolt the bolts i took one off a friends jeep in about 15 mins. i dont remember how many. 8? its pretty basic.
cheers, and welcome to club, and the forums.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.