Just Bought 1990 Jeep Wrangler-Need Help/Tips - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just Bought 1990 Jeep Wrangler-Need Help/Tips

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Your jeep is fuel injected. There are people who take their carbureted Jeeps and convert them to fuel injected. There are many advantages to having a fuel injected Jeep. You are good with what you have. You should do some searches on JF on your type of Jeep, learn more about it, and see what other people with your make/ model are doing. I can't help with the engine related side because mine is carbureted. It's a different beast.

CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally90 View Post
Ok sweet will do, thanks CB-
So about the carb. It seems people here are saying that I dont have a carb...should I add one? I have no problems starting and it doesn't stall on me. I just pupmp the gas pedal as I turn it over and she fires up. So would a carb help the engine perform better? or is it something I shouldnt even both with?
No, you have Throttle Body Injection, it looks like a carb sorta but not a carb. Stick with what you've got.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #33
Wally90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oh awesome ok i was confused there Ive never seen an older vehicle with anything other than a carb on it, wow learning a lot thanks everyone, Ill do more looking into a throttle body injector and see how they work. Thank again for all your help! Going to put new shocks on it soon, thats next on the list
Wally90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed , jeep , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.