Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

junkyard or worth still real $

857 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  beachcruzr 
#1 ·
hey
i have a friend who crashed his jeep. i was wondering if you guys could tell me if you think it could be sold or if its ready for a junkyard. this is the website if you could look at the pics and tell me what you think asap.
i would greatly appreciate it. heres the link

http://photos.yahoo.com/aubreychristie
thanks a bunch
erik

#2 ·
Doesn't look too bad from the pictures, I don't see why it couldn't be repaired. It might be a bit more work if the suspension was damaged or the frame tweaked. Most (all?) of the damaged parts are available from the aftermarket, and if the suspension did suffer any damage, it might be time for a lift :D

How's the damage look other than the body?

#4 ·
MuddyV8YJ said:
It does not look that damamged. Strip off everything, then junk it.
I'd say you've got a bent frame there on the driver side most likely. almost looks like it's bent inward and twisted CCW a bit. if so, getting a leaf spring to sit straight on that would require some real work by a prof frame shop. It could probably be done, but at what cost? if it is twisted, let the insurance total it and take the money, buy it back cheap and part it out. what motor is in it? tub looks clean should be able to get a decent price for that. rear axle is probably fine, interior, gas tank, tranny, t-case, etc. use the money and proceeds to buy new jeep and mods. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
For sure you can part that out and get some decent money for it. Are the nerf bars bent up at all? They look good, and are exactly what I am looking for.

#6 ·
if hes gonna part out im looking for a passenger rear view mirror, a soundbar, all the tan dash pieces(glove box and dash pad as well,and a good passenger side fender

#7 ·
thanks abunch for the quick replies.
i am going to buy it from him then part it out so if you guys want anything make me an offer.
i am willing to sell everything but the roll bar.
erik

#10 ·

In my book a bent frame=no purchase.
Too much work to straighten the frame and all of the motor mounts, any & all steering & drivetrain damage.
I can't imagine that all that the force of the accident wasn't transfered all the way back to the rear differential! :(
Look at the fold in the lower quarter of the drivers side fender. the damage goes at least that far back along the poor Jeep's frame.

The only way that I'd take it is for spare parts.

#11 ·
im picking up the jeep tomorrow morning ill have more info then
but i know it is a 95 with a four banger.
once again i am parting it out so if you need anything let me know before i start listing stuff on ebay like next week probably.
ill have more info tomorrow and ill post it here.
erik

#13 ·
i have now posted more information in the for sale section, ill have more pics tonight that i will add, so if you are interested in anything at all check it out
listed under parting out a YJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.