Junkyard roof rack for hardtop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Junkyard roof rack for hardtop?

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
ZonaWrangler

Junkyard roof rack for hardtop?

Anyone ever tried this? I'd like to have a roof rack on my hardtop, and don't mind a permanent install as long as it's low profile and doesn't hurt my mileage. Not some big basket. Any tips are appreciated.

TIA

Unread 04-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You could try an XJ roof rack and just cut it down to size.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What is wrong with a rack from Yakima or Thule?
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
What is wrong with a rack from Yakima or Thule?
Besides price, nothing.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
ZonaWrangler

I've seen a few on Craigslist. With a pod and evertyhing. I'm looking for something I never need to take off. I've already got a rear "Cooler Rack" ... that I can put 2 Jerry Cans on. I am going to be on the road a lot this summer ... up the California coast, and I may want to put a kayak or something on the top. What I think might be best is just like some junkyard rubber rails ... the right size. Drill 'em on. All purpose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.