Junk Yard Feul Injection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Junk Yard Feul Injection

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-20-2001, 06:24 AM   #1
battlestar

Junk Yard Feul Injection

Can I put a 4.0 head and mpi on a 258 without buying the mopar mpi kit? I've read about putting the 4.0 head on the 258, so I know that is possible. The question is, while I'm at it, can I get the multi port feul injection at a junk yard and install that too. I thought that I read that the original equipment feul injection senses crank shaft position from the flywheel, and I believe the kit does it from the damper. Any body have any info on this? It would save me about $1500. My 258 only has 80k on it and I think it has quite a bit of life left in it, but it could use some extra hp and obviously the carb sucks big time.

Unread 12-21-2001, 09:02 PM   #2
odie

try the weber carb, just put one on my 1990 jeep 6cyc big difference.
odie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.