June YJOTM Enter Now!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > June YJOTM Enter Now!!!

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Closed Thread
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #46
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
I can't figure out how to edit my video down that was posted on Youtube long ago, so I can't enter. I have pictures but no video or flexing shots
No worries guys. My entry was 3 driveway shots. Think I did pretty well considering.

Sure it`s nice to have an action shot but any good picture(s) will do.

jsawduste is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #47
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Canman wanted 1 pic and a 1 min video this time. So i did not enter. I have most of the major mods done except engine swap and some more rollbar so I was going to try again... last time i got spanked

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #48
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im in. No video for me this month but theres a link to one

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #49
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````
The rules:
To enter into the Yj of the Month contest, you must adhere to a certain set of guidelines. These are set up to keep the contest within a reasonable format and provide the voters with a certain ease of use. Applicants must have 50 technical post and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Entries should follow this formatting:

-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
-Three pictures [IMG] tags embedded onto entry

Entries will be narrowed down by a secret panel of judges on here who have deemed themselves knowledgeable in the YJ spectrum. They will most likely be former winners themselves voted by the very guys entering in the first place. Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month. For the time being, all entries should be sent to me via PM as to not lose track like entries sent in prior months that were eaten by the spam filter in the email account. If your entry is not selected, please review the formatting and double check the rules and try again next month.

If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions. Some of the changes were due in part to the overwhelming amount of time it takes to put this together even with a set of judges to filter through the entries. Good luck to all!

And please add a "YJ" tag to the PM, it helps me sort through them for archival purposes.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

As a trial basis, if you would like to include one picture (in photobucket [IMG] format) and one (singular) one minute video hosted on YouTube of the jeep in action (not a tutorial of you talking like youre selling it) instead of the three pictures, please keep the language clean and the videos open to mobile access as I do most of this contest on my IPhone.

Mark, the way I read this is IF you would LIKE to add a video you can. Not mandatory though. Just the 3 pictures.

I am sure if I am mistaken then Nick will comment with clarification.
jsawduste is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #50
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I read it the same way you did and i believe that is the way he meant it

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #51
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's one or the other. One picture and one video

Or

Three pictures

And guys, the entry window closed this morning. I gave the date 5 days ago.
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #52
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I only listen to Nick when it comes to spending money... sorry, there is always next month I guess

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #53
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I only listen to Nick when it comes to spending money...
I'm still having trouble understanding why. I told you to build an insanely expensive 8.8 and you actually listened to me. Haha! You are better off for it but I didn't think I carried much influence.
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #54
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

I'm still having trouble understanding why. I told you to build an insanely expensive 8.8 and you actually listened to me. Haha! You are better off for it but I didn't think I carried much influence.
No, you actually had very little influence, except switching to the e-locker instead of the detroit, but other than that pro-poly(??) Had the bigger influence and saved me money as they did not have a Super88 kit available.

But it is fun to blame you

Unread 06-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #55
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No, you actually had very little influence, except switching to the e-locker instead of the detroit, but other than that pro-poly(??) Had the bigger influence and saved me money as they did not have a Super88 kit available.

But it is fun to blame you
That makes me feel better as you've been blaming me for a solid month.

Must be nice to be able to afford nice things.
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #56
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

That makes me feel better as you've been blaming me for a solid month.

Must be nice to be able to afford nice things.
LOL all in good fun.. I spend way too much money on everything it's just nice to be able to blame someone else for it...but i know the truth, i need spending anonymous

Unread 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #57
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'll have the contest up by the weekend.
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #58
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94chb View Post
being here since 2010 and only 23 posts shows you dont deserve yjotm.
as i see it why should you have a chance to get free stuff and bragging rights with having no dedication or benifit to the forum.

your scratch our back, we scratch yours...
Aaaand it's Moronic statements like above that turn people off and drive them away from posting, participating, what-have-you! You really should know the facts before you decide to share your "view" of my post count compared to how long I've been registered or your reasoning as to why I don't deserve to be in YJOTM.

FYI, just b/c you've posted more times does not mean that the contents of your posts are more contributive! Who deserves better??... a person who feeds one child, one day and saves that child's life or a person who tells 1000 children about food every day but never gives them a scrap of it and they all die of starvation?? Sure, that's just an example but I think it shows my point. For all we know, 1200 of your posts could be, "Wow I wish my Jeep was that cool!" Semantics!

Don't come at me and say you desrve a better chance to win b/c you've posted (not necessarily contributed...just saying) more than I or anyone else that you think is not a contributor. I support my local Jeep club and utilize that forum daily. I ask them for help/advice and share what knowledge I can when asked for help. I would encourage you to register there (DelawareJA.com) as the members are great people and always willing to help out a fellow Jeep'r.

As for this contest, if your existence predicates that you win some "Free Stuff and Glory" then by all means I hope you win so that you can keep face with those on here. As for me, after just recently remembering that Jeep Forum was a resource that I had completely forgot about, I saw a posting that looked interesting and decided to take a look. From the first few posts it also looked like that participation had been dwindling. So I figured, "Hey! why not try and put a little spark back into this with a new face (me). I've got a pretty cool Jeep YJ (to me anyways) that a lot of people on here have never seen and it would be fun to show it off." Unfortnately, since I don't meet the requirements for entry, I will have to wait until I do. Hope this is around long enough for me to do so.

Anticanman, I do understand why the rules are in place and I respect that. Unfortunately, due to the above post, there is now a sour taste in my view that I will attempt to look past. Please understand that there are no hard feelings towards you or this contest but when I do meet the requirements (eventually) I do not know if I will be participating even then. We will see. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the winner!
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #59
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I hope that even though you're not eligible to enter into the contest that you'll still participate by voting. Please understand that there are rules in place because of instances of fraud when sponsors' donations were on the table. It was humiliating to them and myself for bringing the whole thing together and subjecting them to it. I'm not a moderator and have no such powers to control things on this forum more than you do, so you can imagine my frustration when I was made to look like a fool.

The rules aren't here to discriminate against anyone but to inspire folks to be more active I this section and build a sense of community within the forum. Some of us vote for the best jeep and some of us root for the guy who spent his Saturday on the phone helping us through an install from 2000 miles away.
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I hope that even though you're not eligible to enter into the contest that you'll still participate by voting. Please understand that there are rules in place because of instances of fraud when sponsors' donations were on the table. It was humiliating to them and myself for bringing the whole thing together and subjecting them to it. I'm not a moderator and have no such powers to control things on this forum more than you do, so you can imagine my frustration when I was made to look like a fool.

The rules aren't here to discriminate against anyone but to inspire folks to be more active I this section and build a sense of community within the forum. Some of us vote for the best jeep and some of us root for the guy who spent his Saturday on the phone helping us through an install from 2000 miles away.
Yessir... I do understand and totally respect why those rules are in place. I would've hated to be in your place when that happened. As this is the first YJOTM thread I've seen since returning to JF, how does the voting come about? Do you post the entries and then anyone can vote?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.