June YJOTM Enter Now!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > June YJOTM Enter Now!!!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Closed Thread
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

June YJOTM Enter Now!!!

Since you have been asking for it, June will have a contest now! I'm changing a few of the rules and I want to try a couple new things so bear with me. If youre used to a certain format for the contest, dont fret! The entries will be exactly the same save for the few that would like to try the new format.

The second part and the most important feature in this contest!! I need donations for the prize for the YJOTM from here on out. For you guys who are upgrading parts and have something worth donating, I'm sure this contest would be a little more personal with these types of prizes. If you have any ideas, please PM me. There are a thousand vendors that I could solicit for handouts but I feel this contest needs something given back from the yj community.

On to the rules and subsequent substitutions, remember that disqualification is only a mouse click away. Please read former months' contest entries if you are unsure of formatting. As always, I am available via PM with answers to your questions.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
The rules:
To enter into the Yj of the Month contest, you must adhere to a certain set of guidelines. These are set up to keep the contest within a reasonable format and provide the voters with a certain ease of use. Applicants must have 50 technical post and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Entries should follow this formatting:

-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
-Three pictures [IMG] tags embedded onto entry

Entries will be narrowed down by a secret panel of judges on here who have deemed themselves knowledgeable in the YJ spectrum. They will most likely be former winners themselves voted by the very guys entering in the first place. Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month. For the time being, all entries should be sent to me via PM as to not lose track like entries sent in prior months that were eaten by the spam filter in the email account. If your entry is not selected, please review the formatting and double check the rules and try again next month.

If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions. Some of the changes were due in part to the overwhelming amount of time it takes to put this together even with a set of judges to filter through the entries. Good luck to all!

And please add a "YJ" tag to the PM, it helps me sort through them for archival purposes.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

As a trial basis, if you would like to include one picture (in photobucket [IMG] format) and one (singular) one minute video hosted on YouTube of the jeep in action (not a tutorial of you talking like youre selling it) instead of the three pictures, please keep the language clean and the videos open to mobile access as I do most of this contest on my IPhone.

Unread 06-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Watching
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nick,

Do you care if it's cash donations or just strictly jeep parts? I'm sure I can spare a few bucks that could go to a Quadratec or 4WheelParts gift card.

The only thing I have lying around at the moment is a used dropped pitman arm which I'm sure everyone has. I take that back, I have an extra sound bar for a TJ but I plan on swapping my stock YJ one out for that. No speakers just the sound bar.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lou,

It's ironic that you would post on donating a gift card after jsawdust's post as he won the yjotm and donated the gift card that I paid out of pocket to you. Weird. Any donations help a lot. I want to see what kind of parts we have lying around and I was going to possibly start a weeklong "Garage sale" thread in tech to hopefully push folks to use the classifieds section.
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have front and rear track bars and a front sway bar that I am sure someone with a YJ could use Oh I also have a bunch of old rusted 8.8 brake parts too. (they just haven't made it to the garbage yet)

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

As soon as i get some action shots of my lift (finishing today) I'm IN!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
phunhawg98
1993 YJ Wrangler 

damn.. i only got 39 posts
i want in..
parts.. i got a great set of trail dana 44 rear axles
rear drum brakes cmplt from a dana 44
oem tail lights, rollbar forwards and ALL the pads for the family cage
can i get in now...lol
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe next month..
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
phunhawg98
1993 YJ Wrangler 

oh and a true trac for the dana 30
dang...
im sure i got alot more, maybe even a a yj after next weeks trip thru the con on my new 40 iroks..lmao
Unread 06-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunhawg98 View Post
oh and a true trac for the dana 30
dang...
im sure i got alot more, maybe even a a yj after next weeks trip thru the con on my new 40 iroks..lmao
Is there anything you'd like to donate?
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #11
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad that this is still a part of the YJ community. I won't be able to participate in this contest until my Jeep is actually up and running since I got 0 votes last month. I cannot go through that pain again.

Good luck to all of the entrants and I hope this is a good month

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1993-2-5l-jeep-wrangler-build-5-2l-swap-1210512
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
phunhawg98
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i can donate all but the true trac, where/when do you want it, i just remembered i have the complete front seat belts sets too as i went to harness's
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't usually have anyone to take video of me so this new "video" requirement rules me out of any competition.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
I don't usually have anyone to take video of me so this new "video" requirement rules me out of any competition.
It's an either or. You can still upload 3 pictures instead of the 1 picture and 1 video.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1993-2-5l-jeep-wrangler-build-5-2l-swap-1210512
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The video portion opens up the competition and makes it a little more fun to watch.

As there hasn't been a single entry yet, I don't think this month is going to happen.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.