JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   July YJOTM winner is Lutzke21 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/july-yjotm-winner-lutzke21-1556710/)

Anticanman 08-01-2013 04:46 PM

July YJOTM winner is Lutzke21

Congrats to our winner for this month. I alluded to it in the other thread but I misplaced the entry for June so it was sneaked in last minute this month. Great thing that it was!!!

Here's a recap, lets see more pics!!

1994 Jeep Wrangler S
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/lutzke21a/C.jpg
I bought it used in 1996 and have been tinkering about on it ever since. I don't have the amount of money necessary to do what I want to it all at once, so I’ve spread it out over the course of a number of years. I purchased it in California before communism and while I was still in the Marine Corps. It’s been with me through all of life’s ups and downs; children, divorce, career changes, deployments, etc.
• 2.5L low output four cylinder
• Banks header and catback
• Taurus 2 speed fan
• Converted to power steering
• Dodge Ram alternator
• Dodge Dakota steering box.
• Stock 5 speed and transfer case
• Rubicon Express SYE
• Rubicon Express CV rear driveshaft
• Open Ford 8.8 rear with RuffStuff kit and diff cover
• Stock shaft and Dana 30 front
• 35x12.50 Goodyear Kevlars on 10x15 ProComp fake lockers
• Rubicon Express 4.5” Extreme Duty lift
• Off Road Technology bumpers front
• Off Road Technology bumpers rear w/tire carrier
• Jeeptubes.com stinger
• Mile Marker 8,000 lbs electric winch with fabricated fairlead and light mount
• Home fabricated Jeeptubes.com fender flares
• Poison Spyder Crusher Corners
• Smittybilt side bars
• IPF headlight kit with some cheap H4 bulbs
• PIAA off road lights
• KC tail lights
• Rear LED reverse light bar
• Mastercraft Rubicon Dirtsport seats with Mastercraft 3pt harnesses
• Grant steering wheel
• Herculiner’d interior
• Raingler nets
• Bestop Full top with tinted windows, full bikini top, tonneau and slider uppers
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...020_132722.jpg
The drivetrain currently sports a tired 2.5L low output four cylinder to the stock 5 speed and transfer that has a Rubicon Express SYE twisting a Rubicon Express CV driveshaft and open RuffStuff appointed 8.8 rear and a stock shaft and 30 up front. This is spinning slowly, some 35x12.50 Goodyear Kevlars on 10x15 ProComp fakies. The engine has a Banks header and catback, a Taurus fan, and converted power steering using a mix of YJ and ZJ parts. Also added a Ram alternator and a Dakota steering box.
The lift is a Rubicon Express 4.5” Extreme Duty lift w/ RE shocks. There is also a 2” BL that I may drop one day, but I recently lifted my tank into that space so I may have to clearance it first.
I have some one-off Off Road Technology bumpers (front and rear w/tire carrier). The winch bar of this blem front bumper was too low, so I chopped it and mounted a Jeeptubes.com stinger that I will eventually tie into a grill guard or the tube fenders. On the bumper is a Mile Marker 8,000# winch that works so far. The tube fenders are also Jeeptubes.com and some steel I got from old wall lockers that I formed and welded. I had some help from a friend on the fronts, and realized I had the skills to do the rears on my own. The rears are on some Poison Spyder Crusher Corners. The Jeep also has some older Smittybilt nerf bars that my wife needs to be able to get in the Jeep.

I have an IPF headlight kit with H4 bulbs, PIAA lights up front, KC tail lights out in the rear. I built a license plate mount with light and moved the plate to the spare. I fabricated a reverse light bar with some LEDs that tucks in nicely under the bumper, we’ll see if it survives better than the cheap Wal-mart lights that died there. Before I left on my current deployment, I put in some strip LEDs I’m trying to use as rocklights, but haven’t hooked them up just yet. Maybe while I’m on leave.
Inside the Jeep has some Mastercraft Rubicon Dirtsport seats front and rear, with Mastercraft 3pt harnesses. There is a Grant steering wheel as well. I removed the carpet back in ’99, poured in some Herculiner and never looked back. When the engine and automatic go in, the whole dash and related materials will change out. A set of Raingler nets keeps it all together in the back. I have the larger bikini top that Bestop has that covers the back and occasionally I run with a tonneau cover over the rear. Winter time I run a full soft top with slider uppers on my doors and tinted rear plastic. I fabricated a rear deck behind the rear seat that keeps everything from falling out.
I did pull my ’95 suburban engine, 4L60e transmission and transfer case from my old suburban before I scrapped it, but I’m thinking towards a nice LQ4 or LQ9 instead of the TBI 5.7L sitting in the garage now.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...019_180954.jpg

remmons 08-01-2013 04:48 PM

Congrats Lutzke21!

Louie4 08-01-2013 07:02 PM

Congrats good sir. Well deserved win.

Joe Dillard 08-01-2013 07:08 PM

Nice YJ! Congrats.

Gage56 08-01-2013 07:20 PM

WOOT WOOT :2thumbsup:

Congrats Man !!!!!

rykemc 08-01-2013 08:03 PM

It is about time. Really like your rig and can't wait to see what you do next.

DirtKar 08-01-2013 08:30 PM

Congrats Lutzke21 ! Take a victory lap or two... Also a big thanks to Nick for putting this together each month.

kgb_m3 08-01-2013 09:05 PM

Congrats man, well deserved!

lutzke21 08-01-2013 09:10 PM

THANK YOU ALL! I really appreciate your votes and comments. I decided a couple of months back that maybe my Jeep can compete with the awesomeness gracing "F12"...

I know the only reason I won is because anti didn't enter his rig and there were no 'cloaks though... :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rykemc (Post 15746357)
It is about time. Really like your rig and can't wait to see what you do next.

Yeah, I can't wait either. :laugh:

I think a LED bar across the top of the windshield is coming up.

I can only post pics I have on my computer, because I'm back out of the country for four more months, but there's a ton. So that'll have to suffice until I get home. I'll add more here then, albeit late.

Sparrows 08-01-2013 10:35 PM

Huge Congrats! I love your rig and would trade you in a heartbeat. So clean! Well deserved!

Cheers

omegacab 08-02-2013 12:23 AM

Awesome Jeep. Congrats

grandboost98 08-02-2013 05:16 AM

Congrats! Great win for the 2.5s!:cheers2:

Machinist 08-02-2013 07:29 AM

Congrats,awesome rig!!

incizion 08-02-2013 07:40 AM

Here Here! Well deserved!

jbrown73 08-02-2013 08:00 AM

Nice looking rig! Congrats!

The time now is 03:41 AM.