**Juice Box Ignition upgrade?** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > **Juice Box Ignition upgrade?**

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-21-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
odie

**Juice Box Ignition upgrade?**

Own a 6 cyc 258 automatic 1990 jeep islander does anyone know much about these ignition upgrades are they worth it. Im looking for ways to improve cold start idle and acceleration. null

odie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2001, 09:39 PM   #2
Bob K

I just installed mine this afternoon. It is a quality product. The components are well worth the cost. Easy to install. I haven't had much chance to test it out yet. Starting is improved, though wasn't a problem. Greatly improved idle, particularly when cold. I don't notice a difference in power or acceleration, though that may come with a little more spark advance. Overall it appears to be worth every penny. A stronger spark will ignite a lees perfect mixture. A less than perfect mixture is the nemesis of BBD carbed Wranglers.

I'll let you know more after the weekend when I have a chance to drive it more. I think you can't go wrong with this product.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2001, 11:52 AM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

yes I too have also done this and it starts easier and runs better but my nutter bypass top it off a long with the weber.So if you try these mods it maybe the only ones you will have to do.The TFI that www.driveajeep.com offers is probaly the best way to go because some of these parts are hard to find.Plus the coil comes with its on mounting bracket and can be bolted right on the passanger side finder.So no worring about making a setup for it. plus it comes with all the wires and stuff you need.Put it on set the timming and go! thats it!Later
Unread 12-22-2001, 12:29 PM   #4
Darko

go to www.Jeepz.com they have a carter BBD carb fix that would fix your cold idle and starting. The problem on the Carters is the Venturi clogs, which gives you a rich mixture, ther is a write up there, there is also another write up on a TFI upgrade with parts from a Ford 300CID I6. It has all the parts numbers you would need, so you could go get them at the local parts store. Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.