Jolting/thrashing when at low speeds 1st/2nd gear. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jolting/thrashing when at low speeds 1st/2nd gear.

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
rollsurf1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jolting/thrashing when at low speeds 1st/2nd gear.

I have a 95 YJ (stick shift) and whenever i drive slow like 1st/2nd gear and not putting much gas i get this terrible thrashing and jolting. The only way i could make it go away was to put in the clutch and let it out slowly giving it more gas. So the only real problem used to be parking lots, but it has gotten worse and now its almost every time im in low gears unless i punch the gas. Considering the prices of gas; I cant be punching the throttle. I thought it might be the throttle body, so i cleaned it up with some carb cleaner and that helps a little, but idk what else to do. Anyone got some advice? Do I need to clean the fuel injectors?

rollsurf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Worn motor mounts can do this also, the motor starts rocking and it gets all crazy until you jab the clutch.
Just an idea?
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

What he said^

I had this same problem and ended up being a trans mount. Yours sounds a bit more violent so it's probably a combination of the trans and motor mounts.

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.