JEEPFORUM SERVER MOVING, Support JeepForum - Equipment Drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JEEPFORUM SERVER MOVING, Support JeepForum - Equipment Drive

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

JEEPFORUM SERVER MOVING, Support JeepForum - Equipment Drive

Last week JeepForum came under attack by a DDoS SYN Flood attack. Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning we struggled to keep JF online as many of you noticed.

This amount of downtime is not acceptable and we do not want to have a repeat ever again.

So on the 13th we will be moving all the JeepForum servers to a new data center in Austin that can better serve our needs. The entire site will be down that whole night as we physically move the servers across town and reconfigure them. There might be additional downtime into Sunday as DNS propagates as our IP address will change.

In addition we must immediately purchase some new equipment, the most expensive being a new Cisco firewall as our current one is maxed out. Our other server equipment should have been able to handle the attack but our firewall could just not handle it and became the bottleneck during the attack.

We have money saved for new equipment but not enough to cover all the expenses. We have to pay setup, 1st and last month rent at the new data center, pay out the last months on our current data center contract plus the new equipment. Just to give you an idea of our data center bill, bandwidth alone is $1400 per month. That doesn't cover power, server cabinet rental or taxes.

Several people have private messaged and e-mailed about donating. There are several ways you can help:

1. Upgrade to Premium Member.

2. Upgrade someone else to Premium Member. Directions on How-To

3. Donate directly by using the PayPal button below.

Please also spread the word about this as most people overlook Announcements and Stickies.

rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Pyrate_7
1995 ZJ 

Thanks for the info, Rusty! I'm planning on upgrading to Lifetime member this summer...I hope that'll help

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei
Pyrate_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
dantesdango
2002 WJ 

donated, and bump to the top!
dantesdango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just upgraded one of our faithful registered users to a paid membership!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
JPH
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Upgraded today.
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just upgraded. Good luck with the move.

Love this forum.

Bumped to the top.

One Jeep is Never Enough
copleydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.