jeep yj d35 yoke size? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep yj d35 yoke size?

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

jeep yj d35 yoke size?

well found out my rear DS ujoints are failing due to having 5" lift and whatnot. went to parts store to price ujoints today but they gave me 2 different size ujoints according to the rearend yoke. so what size is the yoke?

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

They should be 1310. If the joints are failing it is probably because your pinion angle is wrong.
scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yup, 5" of lift and a slip yoke normally don't get along too well. I'd recommend an SYE in the very near future or you'll be going through driveshaft parts like candy. Not to mention you'll probably lose a few teeth in the process
TrentYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Yeah i knw the lift is a 4" RC lift with their 1" boom shackles for the roughly 5" lift. Ima start saving for SYE kit soon. Was going to get 1 over the summer but my jeep funds ran alittle short when school began.
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
SpikesHD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Please don't buy Precision brand joints (Yellow box, blue writing). Those things are worn out from the factory!

I realize they are lifetime warranty but heck, we sell an $11 American made joint that will last like an OEM.

Just wiggle the cap against the trunnion and you'll see.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.