Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder

ECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Cobra21
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder

Okay, I bought my first YJ a few months ago and its in pretty decent shape. I'm new to Jeeps so I'm slowly taking my time as I get familiar with it. I realized that my master cylinder is heavily corroded and leaking. The proportioning valve is also a little wet and damp. I plan on replacing the whole master cylinder but should I also replace the booster while I have everything taken out? My jeep is all stock and I haven't done anything the axle or brakes. I don't to any off roading (not many places to do that in South Florida) so I don't need to go all out. But I do want to be safe and able to stop. What is the best was to go? Should I do an upgrade? or just change out the master cylinder?

Cobra21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
JohndKc
1987 YJ Wrangler 

When i was in your situation i swapped out my MC and BB. I ended up with a dual diaphragm brake booster from a 95' wrangler. I have the BB turned upside down and run a Dodge Ram 2500 master cylinder. I run fluid straight to the front and proportion my rear. All you have to do is build a prop rod out of 1/4 20 threaded rod and seal the BB with RTV. Its a good setup and locks my 35s no problem.
JohndKc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.