Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Cobra21
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep YJ Brake Master Cylinder

Okay, I bought my first YJ a few months ago and its in pretty decent shape. I'm new to Jeeps so I'm slowly taking my time as I get familiar with it. I realized that my master cylinder is heavily corroded and leaking. The proportioning valve is also a little wet and damp. I plan on replacing the whole master cylinder but should I also replace the booster while I have everything taken out? My jeep is all stock and I haven't done anything the axle or brakes. I don't to any off roading (not many places to do that in South Florida) so I don't need to go all out. But I do want to be safe and able to stop. What is the best was to go? Should I do an upgrade? or just change out the master cylinder?

Cobra21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
JohndKc
1987 YJ Wrangler 

When i was in your situation i swapped out my MC and BB. I ended up with a dual diaphragm brake booster from a 95' wrangler. I have the BB turned upside down and run a Dodge Ram 2500 master cylinder. I run fluid straight to the front and proportion my rear. All you have to do is build a prop rod out of 1/4 20 threaded rod and seal the BB with RTV. Its a good setup and locks my 35s no problem.
JohndKc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.