jeep yj axle tube seal fix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep yj axle tube seal fix

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
cage013

jeep yj axle tube seal fix

this is for a yj front d30 axle when going to the tj axle shafts its hard to find seals so
as the seal issue goes on and on
i have found a solution
i measured the inside diameter of the pass side axle tube next to the carrier.
you have to kind of figure out where the machined surface on the axle shaft will be when its in the axle housing and measure the tube id at that point
then measure the o.d. of the axle tube at the seal surface
then call a local bearing and drives shop
examples bearings unlimited. bearings and drives etc in your area give them the dimensions and they can find you the correct seal . these places usually sell hydraulics pumps and parts like that they usually sell gears chains drives etc

i dont have the number seal that i used but the i.d has to be just about perfect. the od of the seal can be sanded down with a stationary sander to fit

all cost about 8$ and works great

cage013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 01:19 AM   #2
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

umm, whats the issue? they make a seal that fits perfect. its made by chicago rawhide, i have the part number if you want. got it at kragen for 2 bucks
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
letsroll
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ
umm, whats the issue? they make a seal that fits perfect. its made by chicago rawhide, i have the part number if you want. got it at kragen for 2 bucks
please post the part number/.
letsroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
cage013

well 92 green yj i didnt have an issue but many folks did/do
i have the c/r seal in my housing now i just didnt write down the part number
i was just trying to let people know that there are options to make this work without getting the expensive 100$ fancy outer seals
if you know what part number fits in there no problem then please take it upon yourself to help others out and post the part number
i am sure that many will find it helpful and save them a ton of time searching and a bunch of money
thanks
andy
cage013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:03 AM   #5
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have posted this before but whatever. the chicago rawhide part number for the necessary seal for converting to a one piece inner shaft is 11800. like i said, i got it at Kragen for like 2 bucks
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.