Jeep Wrangler YJ Recalls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Wrangler YJ Recalls

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Urb4nTr0ll
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wrangler YJ Recalls

I recently found out through a carfax report that my YJ is part of a few recall campaigns by Chrysler, and the previous owners did not take appropriate action once the recall(s) were initiated by taking the YJ to a dealership. I've contacted Chrysler and they told me that my YJ is part of the following campaigns and that I can have them fixed free of charge:

1) Recall Campaign # B03 Park Brake Pedal Assembly
2) Recall Campaign # 347t Brake Hose 87-90 Yj
3) Recall Campaign # 617 Oxygen Sensor/Cat. ConvERT.
4) Recall Campaign # 747 Disc Brake Rotors

Does anyone know what each of the four recall campaigns involves in terms of repairs? What will they do to my YJ once it is in the dealership?

Have any of you taken your YJ to be fixed due to recall status? If so, what happened?

Urb4nTr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
shunt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I took mine in for parking brake recall... It went pretty quick..

Go to your local dealership and make an appt...
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

I am sorry man, but once again simply searching would have brought up about a dozen threads on this topic.

To answer your question, the parking brake assembly gets replaced, they inspect and/or replace the rotors, the brake hose is fixed and as for the cat/o2 thing, I have no idea.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

And for anyone else wondering..... go to jeep.com and then to the owner section and then enter the last eight digits of your VIN and it'll tell you if there are any outstanding recalls.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
joho
1989 YJ Wrangler 

would the recalls still be good ,Like i have an 89 yj ,would it cost me anything to have the dealer fix something 20 yrs old?
joho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Urb4nTr0ll
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
would the recalls still be good ,Like i have an 89 yj ,would it cost me anything to have the dealer fix something 20 yrs old?
Good question, but I think the recall might still be valid on your '89 because mine is a '90 and I was still instructed to take it to my nearest Chrysler dealer.

I'll take care of this next week and post results.
Urb4nTr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
And for anyone else wondering..... go to jeep.com and then to the owner section and then enter the last eight digits of your VIN and it'll tell you if there are any outstanding recalls.
didn't know that...tried it, my Jeep is all good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
They still have to fix it.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #9
joho
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I checked the jeep website and typed in my VIN # and it said i have no recalls so i do not know if it expired or what
joho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
anarchyfor2
1985 CJ7 

it still works mine showed the brake line and oxygen sensor available on my 89
anarchyfor2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #11
Marine_Mike
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ummm. Bringing in my YJ for those recalls would only confuse the living daylights outta them.... considering most of those parts were replaced with either aftermarket or other makes and models. lol
Marine_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Burtman88
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I know this is a old thread, but i had to add that i looked mine up and theres a sending unit gasket recall on mine. I called for it and they are going to replace it for free. Funny thing is the guys sounded really mad about having to do it. Ha take that stealership

00 WJ

09 WK Hemi, 2.5 inch Rc lift, Super chips,Gibson 3 inch catback, rough country spacers, Voolant Cai,lockpik, Falken Wild peak At 265/70R-18
Burtman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yeah they dont like doing recall items. They do get paid but its only at what the corporate pays them (which is not much) and they make no money on the parts. They still need to change the parts.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #14
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtman88 View Post
I know this is a old thread, but i had to add that i looked mine up and theres a sending unit gasket recall on mine. I called for it and they are going to replace it for free. Funny thing is the guys sounded really mad about having to do it. Ha take that stealership
just be sure to check your rig over real well before leaving the dealership to see if they actually took things apart...I've heard some people comment that they will say that particular repair was done without actually doing anything to the Jeep
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #15
Burtman88
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ok cool thanks if they do change it out i hope they break the sending unit or something so they have to replace it for free. I think the sending unit is going or something. I just replaced the circuit board behind my gauges cleaned all the corrosion off the prongs. Every gauge works accept for fuel gauge pinging full which it use to bob up and down before. I checked the wiring for corrosion everything is good so lets see if its almost falling apart when they take it out. Or they will see i purchased a Wk from them still paying it off though and fix it out of the kindness of their hearts( which i doubt haha). If not ill be using odometer or replace it my self which doesn't sound fun at all.

00 WJ

09 WK Hemi, 2.5 inch Rc lift, Super chips,Gibson 3 inch catback, rough country spacers, Voolant Cai,lockpik, Falken Wild peak At 265/70R-18
Burtman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.