JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Jeep Wrangler YJ Recalls (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/jeep-wrangler-yj-recalls-580346/)

Urb4nTr0ll 07-09-2008 11:57 AM

Jeep Wrangler YJ Recalls

I recently found out through a carfax report that my YJ is part of a few recall campaigns by Chrysler, and the previous owners did not take appropriate action once the recall(s) were initiated by taking the YJ to a dealership. I've contacted Chrysler and they told me that my YJ is part of the following campaigns and that I can have them fixed free of charge:

1) Recall Campaign # B03 Park Brake Pedal Assembly
2) Recall Campaign # 347t Brake Hose 87-90 Yj
3) Recall Campaign # 617 Oxygen Sensor/Cat. ConvERT.
4) Recall Campaign # 747 Disc Brake Rotors

Does anyone know what each of the four recall campaigns involves in terms of repairs? What will they do to my YJ once it is in the dealership?

Have any of you taken your YJ to be fixed due to recall status? If so, what happened?

shunt 07-09-2008 12:04 PM

I took mine in for parking brake recall... It went pretty quick..

Go to your local dealership and make an appt...

rustywrangler 07-09-2008 12:06 PM

I am sorry man, but once again simply searching would have brought up about a dozen threads on this topic.

To answer your question, the parking brake assembly gets replaced, they inspect and/or replace the rotors, the brake hose is fixed and as for the cat/o2 thing, I have no idea.

timatoe 07-09-2008 02:43 PM

And for anyone else wondering..... go to jeep.com and then to the owner section and then enter the last eight digits of your VIN and it'll tell you if there are any outstanding recalls.

joho 07-09-2008 03:50 PM

would the recalls still be good ,Like i have an 89 yj ,would it cost me anything to have the dealer fix something 20 yrs old?

Urb4nTr0ll 07-09-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joho (Post 5431169)
would the recalls still be good ,Like i have an 89 yj ,would it cost me anything to have the dealer fix something 20 yrs old?

Good question, but I think the recall might still be valid on your '89 because mine is a '90 and I was still instructed to take it to my nearest Chrysler dealer.

I'll take care of this next week and post results.

Jeffro06 07-09-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timatoe (Post 5430913)
And for anyone else wondering..... go to jeep.com and then to the owner section and then enter the last eight digits of your VIN and it'll tell you if there are any outstanding recalls.

didn't know that...tried it, my Jeep is all good.:thumbsup:

timatoe 07-09-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joho (Post 5431169)

They still have to fix it.

joho 07-09-2008 08:20 PM

I checked the jeep website and typed in my VIN # and it said i have no recalls so i do not know if it expired or what:mad:

anarchyfor2 07-09-2008 09:05 PM

it still works mine showed the brake line and oxygen sensor available on my 89

Marine_Mike 07-09-2008 09:09 PM

Ummm. Bringing in my YJ for those recalls would only confuse the living daylights outta them.... considering most of those parts were replaced with either aftermarket or other makes and models. lol

Burtman88 01-23-2013 12:29 PM

I know this is a old thread, but i had to add that i looked mine up and theres a sending unit gasket recall on mine. I called for it and they are going to replace it for free. Funny thing is the guys sounded really mad about having to do it. Ha take that stealership

Mark05059 01-23-2013 12:46 PM

yeah they dont like doing recall items. They do get paid but its only at what the corporate pays them (which is not much) and they make no money on the parts. They still need to change the parts.

crackedcornish 01-23-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtman88 (Post 14839904)
I know this is a old thread, but i had to add that i looked mine up and theres a sending unit gasket recall on mine. I called for it and they are going to replace it for free. Funny thing is the guys sounded really mad about having to do it. Ha take that stealership

just be sure to check your rig over real well before leaving the dealership to see if they actually took things apart...I've heard some people comment that they will say that particular repair was done without actually doing anything to the Jeep :(

Burtman88 01-23-2013 03:36 PM

ok cool thanks if they do change it out i hope they break the sending unit or something so they have to replace it for free. I think the sending unit is going or something. I just replaced the circuit board behind my gauges cleaned all the corrosion off the prongs. Every gauge works accept for fuel gauge pinging full which it use to bob up and down before. I checked the wiring for corrosion everything is good so lets see if its almost falling apart when they take it out. Or they will see i purchased a Wk from them still paying it off though and fix it out of the kindness of their hearts( which i doubt haha). If not ill be using odometer or replace it my self which doesn't sound fun at all.

The time now is 03:49 PM.