when my 87 wont start, I do an assortment of things and it always fixes the problem eventually.
1. swear at your jeep
2. crank the starter way longer than you should
3. pump the gas pedal until you ALMOST flood the engine
4. punch the steering wheel
5. crank the starter again. for way too long.
6. swear at it a little more
(it usually starts here, runs for a few seconds and dies again)
7. beg and plead for it to start because the neighbors are now watching
8. caress the steering wheel and tell your jeep you love it
9. crank the starter again
10. crank the starter again
11. punch the dash and threaten to take your car instead
12. crank the starter while holding the gas to the floor and praying to any and every god there is
Jeep starts! problem solved!