Jeep Won't Start When Hot - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Won't Start When Hot

After driving for even 10 minutes, then stopping, my 2.5L jeep won't start. It seems like it's not getting gas maybe? It will just wind the starter and every now an then, get a little flutter. After trying and trying for 20 minutes, the fluttering gets more often and then finally it chunks at 200rpm until the choke kicks on. Then once I get going, there are small combustions in the cold air intake. It does have a throttle body spacer, and it HAD a header on it. Could it be that it's something in the fuel lines? Help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check for gas and the schrader valve on the fuel rail and spark at the plugs when it's not starting. Also check for fault codes. if you think its a fuel problem then spray a little starting fluid into it when you are having the problem and see if it cranks.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Spark is fine and just changed the plugs. I took off the air filter and the tubes, and looked into the throttle body and it was black, so i got some throttle body cleaner and got liberal with it. It now starts fine. I also checked the error codes using the 3 key turns and i got, 12, 33, 14, 14, 21, 21, 55(end).
post #4 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Disconnect the battery for a long 10 count to clear the codes. Start it and run it for 20 minutes and recheck your codes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.