jeep vibrations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep vibrations

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
ton12loc
1992 YJ Wrangler 

jeep vibrations

I have a 92 yj. I have had 3.5" bds lift on there for years. I also have the transfer case drop. I broke my stock front shackle and decided to replace all 4 with the 1" bds shackles. Now I'm getting vibration especially if your giving it gas and then just release off the gas or putting it in neutral and coasting to a redlight. Would that 1" more lift cause that? Is it time for a sye kit? If so what all do I need to get to stop vibration? Also have a ford 8.8 rear. Any help greatly appreciated.

ton12loc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Whether or not the 1" lift shackles are causing vibes that can't be cured without an SYE, the change in your driveshaft angles are causing the vibes. You may be able to correct them and eliminate the vibes but I would recommend an SYE. Long story short, I installed a skid plate that changed my t-case output angle slightly and with my hard top on I had vibrations under even slight throttle. Pulled the hard top off and that slight change in suspension height cured my vibes.

A motor mount lift would probably help if you can't afford an SYE.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have pinion angle shims under the spring perches? If you're borderline on the angle, 4 degree shims might be enough to correct the vibes. And you are borderline if just changing shackles caused the vibes to pop up. Or you could ditch the rear lift shackles and go back to stock and see what happens.

But yeah, SYE would be the ideal fix.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

What they all said.

Post a couple pictures of your driveline angle.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.