Jeep Tutorial - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Tutorial

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
wichoarriaza
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Tutorial

Hello guys,

I am new with Jeeps, I own a 1993 YJ 4.0 Automatic and a 1989 YJ 4.2 Manual.

If anyone can help me with the specs or tutorial about engines, transmissions, axels, brakes, differences, etc on these models it would be deeply appreciated.

I would also like to know what is the best way to improve the performance on my automatic transmission since I have 33x12.5R15 tires and it just wont stop shifting up and down while I drive. Guess its because of the tire size.

Thanks

wichoarriaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Frequently Asked Question Thread is a good place to start for YJ information.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/y...-first-580536/

As for the transmission, I would change the fluid and add a stand alone cooler. Then start looking into axle gear ratios based on your engine and tire size.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check the FAQ section there is a lot of useful information about specs. Your shifting problem is related to your gear-ratio, with an auto and 33" tires a 4.56 would be the ideal solution.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichoarriaza View Post
Hello guys,

I am new with Jeeps, I own a 1993 YJ 4.0 Automatic and a 1989 YJ 4.2 Manual.

If anyone can help me with the specs or tutorial about engines, transmissions, axels, brakes, differences, etc on these models it would be deeply appreciated.

I would also like to know what is the best way to improve the performance on my automatic transmission since I have 33x12.5R15 tires and it just wont stop shifting up and down while I drive. Guess its because of the tire size.

Thanks
Hola!

Bienvenido a los foros! Mi esposa es de Cobán, Guatemala. Es muy extraño para ser nuevo para Jeeps y poseer dos. jaja

Los miembros de esta sección lo ayudan con cualquier problema que usted tiene, pero no hay una sola explicación para todo el yj jeep. Si usted tiene un problema o tema específico, utilice la función de búsqueda de los foros técnicos YJ. Use palabras clave que se centran en la pieza o el problema que está teniendo como "sobrecalentamiento". Si usted no puede encontrar el tema ahí, sólo hay que preguntar, o publicar su pregunta en un hilo más viejo, así que aquellos que han respondido previamente puede ayudarle.

Haga sur de llenar el perfil del vehículo en los foros - ya que tienes dos YJs, rellene el uno para el conductor diario. Eso es todo.

Una vez más, la bienvenida a los foros!
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.