Jeep Still Starts and other weird things.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Still Starts and other weird things..

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep Still Starts and other weird things..

Our 91 YJ has been acting unusual these last few months. When we go to start it, it fires right up. The engine runs very well, with no hesitation or weird noises, and the driveway is even clear of errant oil drips or fluids.

The stock axles are quiet and strong, and the brakes work very well for auto parts store brand. The e-brake engages and actually holds the Jeep in place. There are no rattles, squeaks, or grinding sounds other than the typical rocks on the pan and tire noise on the road. The transmission shifts flawlessly smooth, clutch is operating and engaging very well.

Lights are working, radio works. We still can’t hear the radio over 60 MPH, but I think that’s normal. What’s going on here?

Just thought the forum could use some good news for a change. We love our YJ! Cheers!

91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yours must be Canadian.
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Yours must be Canadian.
Mine is, but it has a coolant leak.
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Mike,

Ask it nicely to stop leaking. It'll comply.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine is leak free (fingers crossed) but it does sound like a diesel and pops out of 5th sometimes. Some minor rust that a weekend will take care of. And yeah, Canadian lol. Must have someting to do wit it, I figers eh!?
But in all seriousness, that is great news, kinda shows some light at the end of the tunnel for those jeepers who are almost ready to give up on their jeeps.
Everyday there is a Jeeper out there that has to face demons of some sort. They get dragged through the seven gates of hell. Get put through the most unbearable stress that no man, or woman, should ever suffer. Get lifted up, and smashed down, fix one thing and break another. And some how, some way, the true Jeeper, digs deep down to the bowels of their heart. And finds a hole, deep down in that hole is the courage, the will, the power and the ability, to keep at her. They dust it off, spray some brake clean on it, give er a spit shine and put er to work. This is the time you must stare the devil in the eyes and say, is that all you got!? And fix that jeep!!!
Or just bash your knuckles into the idler pulley while trying to remove your water pump.
Sorry for the rant lol, sorta just happened.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Speaking of Canadians, boss, I spend a good amount of my time enjoying your posts then looking up your nose.

That is all.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Speaking of Canadians, boss, I spend a good amount of my time enjoying your posts then looking up your nose.

That is all.
Well I am glad I give you something to enjoy... I think??? And I made sure it was clean first lol

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.