Jeep shuts off while driving, HELP PLEASE! Huge mystery! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep shuts off while driving, HELP PLEASE! Huge mystery!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #76
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo12227 View Post
Absolutly Max, lol this forum saved my jeep, i'll tell you what lol. Cant put the tools in the shed quite yet though lol, my record for being able to drive after the repair is 3 days, so i'll give it a week before tearing down some trails again around my neighborhood lol!

Thanks again guys, you have no idea.
Damn right you have to test it out! You gotta be ready for our next wheeling/camping outing in Ocala!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #77
Apollo12227
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Damn right you have to test it out! You gotta be ready for our next wheeling/camping outing in Ocala!

Max
lol is that an official invitation? I'll pay the 20 bucks to become an official member of this site and figure out a way to throw some picture of my rig on here so you can judge if it's trail worthy enough lol, (no lockers quite yet unfortunatly)... But i've been dying to make the trip up to ocalla for over a year now...

Keep me posted.
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #78
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol is that an official invitation? I'll pay the 20 bucks to become an official member of this site and figure out a way to throw some picture of my rig on here so you can judge if it's trail worthy enough lol, (no lockers quite yet unfortunatly)... But i've been dying to make the trip up to ocalla for over a year now...

Keep me posted.
Of course it is!

Host your pics on photobucket & use the image tags, you can show them right now!

"Trailworthy" has more to do with the driver's seat than lockers!

I'm running 33's on 3.07 gears, and no lockers, it's not what I want, but it's what I have until the $$$ show up. Until then I wheel the snot out of my daily driver every chance I get!

Max

Quote:
Quote:
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Unread 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #79
GRN_BEAST95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey everyone, good news, my problem seems to have subsided, at least for the time being .... I have NO IDEA what I did, but I have driven all over the place today and havn't had it stall out once... The only thing i've done is go back and RE CELEAN all the sensor connections along with cleaning the wiring that runs to the transmission (neutral safety switch/reverse lights), the speedometer wiring, etc... This has apparently done something!!!

My speedometer is still shorting out somewhere and jumping around which is still fairly new but my engine hasn't cut out!!!

I'll sow how far this gets me but thanks again EVERYONE for the help... I love this friggen jeep and I sure didnt want to get rid of her lol.

This forum was the only thing that stopped me from selling it! And if I could I would buy everyone who responded to this post a beer lol.
glad to hear you got it fixed. i did the same thing and it fixed my problem. i think im gunna get some electrical tape and wrap all the connections just for further protection from the elements.
Green Jeep member 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellojeeper View Post
Guam. I spent a week there one night.
GRN_BEAST95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #80
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Congrads! Glad you got it fixed!
I kinda had the right idea, Well sorta.
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #81
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Good deal man!

Should really go to Ocala with Max and I sometime. Although you'll probably be a little tall for most of the tight trails as logs as you don't mind getting nailed by trees branches and spiders it's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #82
Apollo12227
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Lol I could care less about branches and spiders as for tall sitting just half an inch south of seven feet to the ol' hardtop lol... Sounds great thanks for the invite and hell I say let's make it happen! Once I officially join this site does it have a friends list or something so people can keep in touch?
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #83
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lol I could care less about branches and spiders as for tall sitting just half an inch south of seven feet to the ol' hardtop lol... Sounds great thanks for the invite and hell I say let's make it happen! Once I officially join this site does it have a friends list or something so people can keep in touch?
It does already, even for "registered users" that haven't paid!

I just added you!

Max

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 10-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #84
Apollo12227
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey everyone, day 2 and still running strong! I cant belive I spent a month groveling over every inch of that freaking engine just to find out it was the fuel pump wiring lol... (knock on wood)... A distributor, some spark plugs, and 260+ dollars of sensors later... It seem's like she may be... dare I say it... fixed?

Thanks again all.
Unread 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #85
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, I'm real happy to hear it's going good so far! Wire issues are a nitemare and it does sound like that was your entire problem. This forum is full of GREAT people that have a lot of knowledge and are willing to help!!! Good chance I'll see you in Ocala with Max next year.
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #86
cherrycoke
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I know this is an old post, but my 99 Jeep has been cutting off while driving for last few months...I wish I'd know about this forum earlier before I spent so much money replacing almost every part mentioned (starter, crankshaft sensor, ignition coils, etc. ....the thing is still doing it and i was about to give up and get rid of it until i remembered i didn't have this problem until I put in a new battery and had a cable replaced while traveling out of town at a local AutoZone...I know the batter is good...but maybe the cable is not...now i'll have the dealer check this again to ensure it is not the problem.
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #87
ortiz2188
1992 YJ Wrangler 

plz help !!!!

i have a jeep wrangler 92 5sp manual with 4.0

my jeep will turn off by it self i will be driving and i'm about to stop in a light and hit the clutch to go tu neutral and it will shut off but only in neutral if i hit the clutch in gear it will stay on

does any body have a idea ???
ortiz2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #88
st2joker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i had the same problem, and i might be able to help, as well as others in this forum, however unless you stop hijacking other threads, and create your own, myself and other members probably wont answer you
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #89
jessb3

i am having the same issue except when the weather tempature is cool it runs fine but when the temp gets to the upper 80s or higher i can drive about a half hr then it shuts down. the motor is running normal temp with no over heating just happens when hot outside. no codes showing up cause just got out of shop for same issue and they found nothing. replaced gasket to intake nad fresh tune up ran good for month and now weather is hotter it doing same thing again. please any help because love jeeps but starting to give up on them.
jessb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #90
sccarr54
1995 XJ Cherokee 

So, I am having pretty much the same problem. I have changed almost everything. coil,wires,cap,rotor and crankcase sensor. I put a new ECU in it and still the same thing. The only difference is it will stall at idle also. I haven't changed distributer. I really need help on this. Thanks

95 jeep cherokee xj 4.0
sccarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.