jeep problem question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep problem question?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
sifuentesjeeps
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jeep problem question?

2.5 liter, 4 cylinder, tune up about a year ago haven't changed fuel filter though. ok so the battery died today, i dont know why i died. i think it has to do with a kill switch. the last owner of the jeep installed a kill switch but it only turns on when it wants to turn on and when it turns on the lights start blinking on and off and the battery dies. does anyone know how to turn the kill switch off or make it work right, also right when i turned on the jeep there was a really loud screening noise and it started to shake as if it wanted to turn off. any ideas on what the problem might be.

Unread 04-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a car alarm was installed and was never taken out completely.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

X2 Youve got a car alarm you need to find and remove.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
sifuentesjeeps
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok how do i take it out and find it
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
mfalik
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My Cherokee had a car alarm installed by the PO, and I had to remove it. Without knowing the alarm and how it was installed, here is how I would go about removing it:

First.
Find the alarm control box (look under the dash on both driver and passenger side).

Second.
Once the alarm control box is located, trace all the wires from the box and disconnect them. There may be a couples of wires that are spliced into the factory harness (spliced into the ignition wire), reconnect those wires.

That should do it.
2007 Mazda CX-7 (the new commuter car)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer (Rear Ended - TOTALED)
1998 VW Beetle (SOLD)
1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited - (SOLD)
mfalik is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.