Jeep Problem...Need good Mechanic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Problem...Need good Mechanic

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-25-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
trixy

Jeep Problem...Need good Mechanic

I have an 88-jeep wrangler (auto mechanic transmission). I started have carburetor problems in 98. Last year I was told I needed a new engine because of blow-by. My father has fixed that problem, but now the jeep is starting to over heat. I need some help, does anyone know of a good jeep mechanic in the central NJ area.

Thank you,

Trixy : )

trixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2001, 03:59 PM   #2
gosling1

Hae you check the radiator or the thermostat? Are you loosing coolant anywhere? The radiator may be clogged and need either flushing or cleaned out.

Tango Uniform
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2001, 12:33 AM   #3
solid

If it overheats during stop and go traffic or during idle, then that means not enough air is passing through the radiator...check the fan. If it overheats during high speeds, then it could be blocked coolant passages, etc...
solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2001, 05:50 PM   #4
B2hi

Check Fan clutch or thermostat.
Throttle body spacer
K+N air filter

Con-ferr shackles,R.E. 4.5 lift with 33x12.5 BFG Muds and 1in. body
B2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2001, 10:18 PM   #5
DASLUFOOT@AOL.COM

I see that your dad has fixed the blow-by problem, so he must have rebuilt the engine. Assuming he put a new thermostat in it and it did not run hot before, my best guess would be to check your timing. (Does it feel sluggish?)
DASLUFOOT@AOL.COM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.