Jeep Lives Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Lives Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
rebelone50
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Lives Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks each of you who helped me get my JEEP running today!

I hate throwing parts at a problem. If you do not mind allow me to list what I did in order to return her service.

The Fuel Pump Relay--BAD
The ASD Relay--BAD
The Crank Position Sensor—readings in the low end of the acceptable range
The Coil—readings in the low end of the acceptable range
The Cam Position Sensor (simply put a rebuilt Distributor with the sensor already installed)
Repaired wiring harness in a few places. I have become a wire chasing fool. HeeHee.. I have become very acquainted with a test light and multimeter.

Without your help I would still be struggling without a clue. You have given me a better understanding of what to look for, where to begin in diagnosing all of this. I do not know very much about this stuff. A CJ owner reminded me that my Jeep would make a mechanic out of me. Maybe!?

Thank you all very much.

Thanks rustywrangler. And special thanks to sentinal02, what a great piece on the ecm, you made me know it was not the computer.

Hurricane Ike Survivor

Your all invited to my house for BBQ.

Did I forget to mention where I live in Texas?

rebelone50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.