Jeep Idleing rough and trouble codes 23 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Idleing rough and trouble codes 23 27

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 08-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
smoan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Idleing rough and trouble codes 23 27

I went to the gas station the other night and my jeep ran fine. i got gas and checked my fluids and started it back up. The engine idled rough and had a kinda shake and the check engine light came on. it had codes 23 and 27 which are Logic module fuel circuit internal problem or TBI injector does not respond properly to control signal and Intake air temperature signal out of range what could that mean is wrong?

smoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My Haynes manual says Manifold Air Temp sensor and Fuel Injection Control. I'm guessing that the MAT sensor is the problem, which in turn is feeding bad signals to the ECU. The ECU gets the bad signals and then sends bad signals based in the MAT, to the injector controls. Therefore take a look at the MAT sensor. Not sure how to test that one myself, tho.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
smoan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i was working on it today and i took out the injectors and let them sit in injector cleaner and blew them out with air compress. i put them back on and the check engine light isn't on when its running. and it doesn't idle rough anymore but it does idle at 2000 rpms it has the 4.0 throttle body on it if that affects anything
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoan View Post
i was working on it today and i took out the injectors and let them sit in injector cleaner and blew them out with air compress. i put them back on and the check engine light isn't on when its running. and it doesn't idle rough anymore but it does idle at 2000 rpms it has the 4.0 throttle body on it if that affects anything
Nah the 4.0 throttle body shouldn't affect it. Did you try cleaning the throttle body out real good? Especially the IAC valve cuz of the way its idling too high.
I'm assuming the o-rings on the injectors are OK and didn't get scratched up.

Forgot to add, make sure you cleared out the old computer codes.

Unread 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
smoan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i just reset the computer and it fixed my idling issue but i did take apart the throttle body and cleaned it out trying to solve my problem. My o rings looked in good shape but if i did mess them up would there just be a fuel leak or any other symptoms i should look out for just to make sure. Thanks for your help.
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoan View Post
i just reset the computer and it fixed my idling issue but i did take apart the throttle body and cleaned it out trying to solve my problem. My o rings looked in good shape but if i did mess them up would there just be a fuel leak or any other symptoms i should look out for just to make sure. Thanks for your help.
OK so the idle is back to normal after re-setting the computer? No more 2000 RPM's and its smooth? GOOD!

Nah you wouldn't necessarily see a leak at the injector tip where it goes into the manifold. You could always test that by spraying around them with some carb cleaner - the idle will go up if there's a leak pulling vacuum.

If an o-ring leaks where they plug into the fuel rail, then yeah you might get a drip because its under pressure.

But honestly, I think you got it taken care of, and no more worries.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.