Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Jeep got bigger!

631 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PaxtonTransAm 
#1 ·
Finally I've done it! Over the past few months I have gained about 3.5" from a shackle lift and body lift; and yesterday I finally went and got the tires put on: 32x11.50 Mastercraft M/Ts. They look great and now it really looks like a Jeep! I kept the stock rims and have had no problems with rubbing when flexing (and I do have the rear track bar removed!). The only problem I encountered was rubbage when I steered. I turned the bolts out of the hub to correct this. I also haven't felt much of a difference in acceleration, although I do have the Weber carb. which wakes up the engine a little. The Jeep looks great and I will try to post picks soon!

#3 ·
Shackles are real good for u-joints....I hate mine. I think I will put on a suspention lift soon. Jeeps do look pretty tiny without a lift of some sort and some kind of meaty tires on them. My wife doen't know a lot about cars in general and she would look at a stock jeep and say "honey, what's wrong with that jeep?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.