Jeep floor repair panels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep floor repair panels

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep floor repair panels

Hi. I have used repair "coupons" before but I am not familiar with: this supplier.

Any thoughts? Price is right but I don't know if their parts are heavy or thin....a right-fit part might save me a bunch of time but I don't want paper-thin stampings either.

thanks - Mark (vermont)

fishadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

They look OK. Better than those cheap tin ones but maybe not as "OEM" as the $60ish dollar ones (which I have).
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, i know what you are saying. These look better but for much more moula: http://www.classicent.com

I don't know if JC Whitney stuff is any good anymore
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
BuffaWrangler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The JC Whitney looks exactly like the one I got from Quadratec. It's heavy duty steel.
BuffaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I used the ones from Quadratec and while they were not "exact" fit.. they were pretty close... They were pretty heavy and they are still in place 4 years later.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So basically it looks like there are two price points: $85ish and $34ish. Has anyone bought a cheap one? Since I am welding the sucker in if the cheap doesn't fit as well I don't care cuz I have a hammer, but if they are different gauge metal then I don't want to buy the cheapie. I am probably going with classicent.com as they have the body support as well, I just was hoping for input as I don't want to spend more $ for a part if it isn't actually a better or more rugged part... Anybody familiar with the classicent.com panels?
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got mine off ebay for $35 from a guy from michigan (I think)... a regular seller of such things. I doubt any of these are exact fit, and I ended up doing a bit of cutting and 'adjusting' before I was satisfied. I wasn't too concerned as pretty much any replacement panel you put in won't be much thinner than the tin they stamped the tub out of, though I also made some additional plating for under the DS floorpan I replaced so it's two layers now.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I used this one. $65. Once trimmed it fit like a glove and it was every bit as heavy as the OEM floor pan.
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
sptrmike

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
I used this one. $65. Once trimmed it fit like a glove and it was every bit as heavy as the OEM floor pan.
Thats the one I used,fit great and saved a whole bunch of time.
sptrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
sardog211
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I also used the same one as tom and had zero issues. In fact I cut the portion I needed out and my buddy trimmed them, fitted them and welded them and they look just like factory. Stay away from the cheaper thin ones.
sardog211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #11
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

well, I am not sure what I am getting but I got a floor pan coupon on Amazon along with the head bolts I needed for the 258 ring job. Says it is 18 gauge which is what the "good" ones claim. We shall see! At the very least it will be stronger than the rusted out pan that is in there now- if what is left wasn't stuck to the factory carpeting it wouldn't have a driver's side floor at all! 8-O

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.