Jeep covers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep covers?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep covers?

I never run a top on the Jeep, so it spends most of its life in the shop to stay out of the weather. I'm currently building a four post barn next to the shop with a concrete pad, which I will use to free up some work space in the shop. The concrete pad will be around 24x18', with the majority of it being covered. The Jeep will probably start living under the barn, so I am little concerned about rain spray.

How effective are these tops, and any reason to stay away from this type?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANGLE...05cda7&vxp=mtr

jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one to use under the carport and it is the type that breathes but is not waterproof itself. I think I spent $40 on it. Mine keeps the dust and cats out when the top is off.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

How effective do you think it would be against rain spray?
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
wallydude
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Raingear cover...I love it! It's been in NC downpours with no leaks.
wallydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I got one for my YJ and it's great. Keeps out the rain even with heavy downpours. Great investment and it's what is on mine most of the summer.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason280 View Post
I never run a top on the Jeep, so it spends most of its life in the shop to stay out of the weather. I'm currently building a four post barn next to the shop with a concrete pad, which I will use to free up some work space in the shop. The concrete pad will be around 24x18', with the majority of it being covered. The Jeep will probably start living under the barn, so I am little concerned about rain spray.

How effective are these tops, and any reason to stay away from this type?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANGLE...05cda7&vxp=mtr
I have one of those and it works great, yes even in a heavy rain... You can also up the waterproofing with a spray on 3M repelent..
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just stay away from any Smittybilt trail cover. It doesn't fit well, eventually resulting in tears at the seams and strap points. Worked well enough to keep the majority of the water out, after I sealed the seams. It's the fit that is just not up to par.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Have one like that and it's great, but definitely set up something to keep the center propped up so it doesn't pool in the middle.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have one like that and it's great, but definitely set up something to keep the center propped up so it doesn't pool in the middle.
Shouldn't be a problem, the Jeep will be under an enclosure. I'm more concerned with spray from the sides getting into the interior...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.