Jeep Challenge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Challenge

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-03-2001, 03:21 PM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Jeep Challenge

Allright,
i am a high school senior and i have been working on my jeep to make it really cool for this year, what i didnt take in account for was all the rich kids whos parents buy them stuff and i wanted to make mine better off road and bigger then there landcruisers and dodge trucks and broncos...
How does a jeep compare to those i have 33's and i want to add 2" body and add a leaf will that make my jeep a little bigger???

Unread 12-03-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
bcompton

There will always be people who can spend more on their rig than you. Get used to it.

Yes, a spacer lift and a leaf will raise you up a bit, but it won't necessarily make it any better off road. If you really want to impress them, go practice, alot. It's fun to see their faces when your lil ole jeep eases through what they had to struggle with.

Then make sure you have straps and hooks (and know the correct way to recover a vehicle) so you can pull them out when they get stuck.

Oh yeah, just for safety's sake when you are pulling their trucks out make sure their girlfriends are out of harm's way, like, say, sitting in YOUR jeep.
01 Sport, front drum brake & birfield joint conversion, custom '4 Wheel Drive' stickers, neon washer nozzles, chrome type 'r' oil pan bolts, wooden bead seat pads, racing exhaust tip, offroad license plate frame,
lots of misc. stuff (2.5" Skyjacker springs, 1" BL, 1"MML, Custom flat tcase & engine skid, RE arms, Skyjacker shocks, JKS Discos, Superlift Trac bars, Garvin bumpers, Warn 9.5ti, Lockright & trac-lock, 32" BFG KM's, Kilby & warn skids, EOR rocker bars, cowl snorkel)
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
Brendan

that sucks dude. I'm 17 and i'm a junior living in south western CT. Basically I live in one of the most wealthy towns in the nation, but I have to pay for my insurance, my gas, and all my mods, while some rich bastards have parents who buy them brand new 2 door tahoes, and a couple kids who have money and taste pick out older Broncos and have their parents pick up the tab. THese are the type of kids who have a garage put the lift of for them, and have their parents pay for everything. I know a kid who got a brand new Land Rover Defender for his first car. 50% of the cars in the junior parking lot are Brand new Cherokees. I'm not exagerating

If I was you, I'd definately get those spacers, and go for bigger rubbers. Your only problem is that once you go over 33s in jeep axles, and the 258, you are looking for trouble. So I'd say keep the spacers, and stick with the 33's they are plenty big for pretty stock yj. Work on your engine, try to find a 4.0 head, and a new carb. Don't wast your time on worthless mods like exhaust. Headers & high flow cats are good, but cat-back systems are for civics. Your 258 will never be a 350 but jeeps don't need 350s. Good luck with your rig.

Like B compton said, there will always be some guy on the trail with a better set up. Just make sure you don't let your ego get you into something your rig can't handle. Most chics would rather see you say you don't want to screw up your ride, than see you get all egotistical, and end up looking like a dumb *** in a rolled jeep, then you have to sit shotgun in your friend's ride while you are saving for a subaru to get you around.

Plus ******* drive broncos, blazers
Real men drive YJ's and CJ's

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2001, 08:30 PM   #4
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

thats well said..
thanks a lot for looking at this post i knew someone would say something... hehe
Unread 12-04-2001, 05:04 AM   #5
Ruftags

Not to mention dude if all the other guys are paying for thier mods, then they don't really have a clue on what they are or how to fix them when they break. And believe me they WILL break.
Unread 12-04-2001, 03:09 PM   #6
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

true that, they all ask me to help them and well i tell them sure if you buy me lunch or let me borrow some tools when i need them.. and there vehicles have broken, they just put lift pucks under there leaf spring like spacers and that sux..
Unread 12-04-2001, 07:35 PM   #7
jerrys yj

yea, im a sophmore in high school in michigan. i live by VERY RICH people and they get what ever they want. if they want mods they go out and get them done. they look at me weird when they see me doing my own. i had to pay for the jeep, insurance, and gas. not to mention how i get the money. i have to work unlike all of them. like one kid that goes to my school has a 2001 tj sahara that is decked out and i hardly doubt its ever been off road. he wouldnt want to get his $200 pair of shoes dirty. but oh well its life so you have to live it. also as i can think there are 5 2001 corevetts, and one 2002. tons of benz and alot more very expensive cars. but think about it, you do everything to your jeep so you respect it and you wont be the one crashing it (i hope). they will because they dont care.

jerry
-KC's on the windshild
personal quote:"it didnt look that deep dad, i swear!"(first time stuck in mud)
jerrys yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2001, 08:52 PM   #8
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Yah i agree 100% rich bastards, probably dont even know how to activate the 4 wheel drive.. yah well thanks all..

Shawn
Unread 12-06-2001, 09:18 PM   #9
YJRomeo

Hey dudes i know how it is, same story, Los Angeles ca, guys roll up in BMW suv's and porshes and ferarris, but if u dont give up ull reach your goal. ive wanted to have the perfect wrnagler since i was in 10th grade, when i got mine. i slowly fixed it up and now i have the coolest one in my town, older guys pull up and compliment me on it. just have the time, patience and determination and youll have your dream jeep too!
92 YJ 4.0L w/ 2.5" rancho springs, 1.5" shackles, 3" body, pacesetter headers, flowmaster exhaust, Homemade K&N cold air intake system, 4.11's, lockrights,33x12.5 X-terrains on 15x8 black rockcrawlers. homemade discos... coming soon homemade gas shock hood lift. done everything myself. (not bad for 19 yrs old)
YJRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.