Jeep carburetor stepper motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep carburetor stepper motor

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Missouribound
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep carburetor stepper motor

I've been looking for a replacement carburetor for my YJ (89)
I've located several online at various prices. My question is regarding the stepper motor. My current carburetor has this feature. Do I need to replace the carburetor with one EXACTLY like the one that is on there, or can I use one without a stepper motor? Are any modifications necessary if I use a carburetor that doesn't have this feature?

Missouribound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
levergun
1979 CJ5 

No. The upgraded carbs are not computor controlled. The computer doesn't really control it too well anyway. I did a Weber 32/36 and liked it but I wish I had gone to the 34 or 38. Nothings like the FI though. If you can that is the way to go.If you go with a non computer controlled carb it's recommended you also do a nutter bypass.

Last edited by levergun; 05-26-2009 at 07:42 PM..
levergun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.