jbrentd's YJ Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jbrentd's YJ Build Thread

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 11-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
jbrentd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jbrentd's YJ Build Thread

Hello everyone. My name is Brent and I live in NE Oklahoma. I've posted a few times asking questions here and there, but mainly have been researching. Last night, I picked up my first Jeep. It's a 1995 Sahara with a 4.0L and a manual transmission. Drove down to Oklahoma City with the intentions to buy it and brought it home. It was a little nerve racking driving a 13 yr old car that i knew nothing about through a wind/rain/sleet/thunder storm with tornado warnings in the area.

It has 137k miles and appears to be in good condition. Although technically I am the third owner, I consider myself to be the second because the guy I bought it from only had it for a few months. Everything is stock for now with the exception of the soft top. The PO traded the hard top for a new Best Top.

This jeep is a third vehicle for my family and I plan to use it on the weekends and occasionally to drive to work. I've never been into wheelin before now, but would like to. My plans, to start out with, are pretty mild. Probably a 4" lift and some 33's. I was thinking a Rough Country lift based on price. Any reason to stay away from that kit? I've been following their thread and it seems as though the new springs are better and they have good customer service. It doesn't seem like too many people go with the Rusty's kit. Any reason why?

Here are some pictures I took this morning. I'll probably need someone to quote me.

Oh, and on my way into work today I get a call from the wife asking when we are getting "big" tires and a lift kit.

Unread 11-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
flowrida2480
1995 YJ Wrangler 

clicky free!
All stock except 31" tires but not for long.....

[COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club #490[/COLOR]
flowrida2480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
jeepnphreak
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Holy c#@p

thats one clean jeep. Not just clean but in REALLY good shape. wheres the rust, dents, and peeling clear coat.
very nice!!

94 yj: stock everything and 4 angry squarrels under the hood.
jeepnphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #4
jbrentd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnphreak View Post
Holy c#@p

thats one clean jeep. Not just clean but in REALLY good shape. wheres the rust, dents, and peeling clear coat.
very nice!!
It has some dents on the left front fender. The black marks appear to be cosmetic. As far as rust, the body seems to be good and I haven't seen any underneath, but haven't had a chance to fully inspect it. It has spent its entire life here in Oklahoma...so not much exposure to to salt.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrentd View Post
It has some dents on the left front fender. The black marks appear to be cosmetic. As far as rust, the body seems to be good and I haven't seen any underneath, but haven't had a chance to fully inspect it. It has spent its entire life here in Oklahoma...so not much exposure to to salt.

still not bad man!
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Brads_nky_yj

dude, you have a great looking jeep! Awesome starting jeep!
Unread 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
rrisher
1987 YJ Wrangler 

As stated, that's a great jeep! Those seats even look like new, where were all the 137k miles driven...lol

Well it sounds like you've done your research on what lift you and tire size you want. RC lift kits aren't bad either; as you've seen by reading in the forum. A lot of people like and run those setups here. Personally, I have a procomp setup and like the lift but hate the shocks. The springs were a little stiff but a few trips wheeling took care of that!

If you’re driving it a lot on the street( i.e. to and from work, with the fam on a weekend cruise) you might want to keep spring stiffness in mind.

Well, good luck and welcome to JF. There are some of the most knowledgeable people on here when it comes to Jeeps!
rrisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
jbrentd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming. The back seat doesn't even looked used.

How do the different lift kits compare in stiffness? I've searched a little, but haven't found anything. I don't mind spending a little more for a better product.
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming. The back seat doesn't even looked used.

How do the different lift kits compare in stiffness? I've searched a little, but haven't found anything. I don't mind spending a little more for a better product.
holy frikin super clean jeep!!!!
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
jbrentd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

While I was out at lunch, I snapped some pictures of the engine compartment. Anyone notice any glaring issues here?

Unread 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
jbrentd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

And since my wife was bugging my about the tires and lift, I pulled the trigger on the RC 4" lift and a set of 33" SS MT's. Thanks Ryan@RC!
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #12
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
While I was out at lunch, I snapped some pictures of the engine compartment. Anyone notice any glaring issues here?

first 2 a bit blurry, looks nice though.

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #13
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's a nice looking Jeep you got there. Can't wait to see it lifted.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
88TNSahara
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you're missing the A/C. Man, if you ever want to get rid of those seats (front and back), I got dibs!
88TNSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #15
rrisher
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Is it that year or does the radiator stick up a little high? my 87' is the same height as the grill???
rrisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.